Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Long travel full sus riders…..?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

My voltage today! Was not so fun on the uphills haha but it’s the only bike I have now and I pretty much only ride dh so no point getting an “enduro” bike. Just wish I had the long version and it might climb a bit better. We did almost 1000m today :\

transporter13
    Free Member

Hands down the best bike ive ever ridden.
    does everything I want it to…just had to modify it slightly to get it 100% for me.

transporter13
    Free Member

Tom……where is that?

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s the Long Mynd on the path back to the glider club, just after the horrible fire road climb back up from doing Minton Batch! I sometimes wonder whether I’d enjoy the climbs if I had a suitable bike, I always seem to either be on something overkill like this or a small DJ style hardtail.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

160 – 160 Lapierre Spicy.

Goes up and down, i much prefer to go down than up though so it has an offset bush in one end of the shock

chiefgrooveguru

I’m not sure my Spitfire qualifies, it’s only 140mm at the back and 160mm up front. But it’s very good travel on a fashionably slack/low/long frame! A ridiculously awesome bike.

Wouldn’t short travel be under 130mm, medium up to 160mm and long everything over?

samcamsdad

Here’s my new commencal meta v4, 150 rear, 160 front. not ridden it yet, as i’m still building it up. But i reckon it’s gonna be a flyer.

stewartc
    Free Member

Good for up, across and down.

Just fitted some Light Bicycle wheels so even more stealthy now.

tomhoward

160f 165r

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nQqYZu]image[/url] by tomhoward379, on Flickr

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Pivot Mach 5.7 by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Here’s my 150 / 150 Pivot Mach 5.7, with it’s unfashionable 3 x 10 drivetrain, great fun to ride but total overkill for around here, usually I ride a fully rigid 29er. Will be bringing it out of hibernation soon though as the QECP enduro is next month….

HansRey

Not my pic, but similar to what I have. A Marin Quake 7.3.

Mine has 160mm lyrics, although it should have something a little longer.

squealer
    Free Member

Just got this. Waiting for a new stem, bar and saddle still

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Mine in it’s now finished form. 160mm front, 140mm rear. It climbs well and is an absolute hoon when pointed down the hill, much more capable than me.

philstone

In DH mode – 160 rear 180 front.. Bit of a handful on anything that is down..

In normal everyday mode – 160 front and rear.. Absolutely love it!

ram13man
    Free Member

Intense tracer 275c struggling to upload pics on iPad .. Oh well

Northwind

No pics but a Hemlock- 160mm front, 120mm rear, with a slackening headset and offset bushings- I can change it to 150mm rear but I never really do, I like the mismatched travel- just makes sense to me tbh. Raced dh on it (badly), done all dayers and weeks in the alps and blue routes in the UK and it does it all really nicely. It always feels like a big bike, mind, but that doesn’t have to mean blobby or boring on easy stuff

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Long travel full sus riders…..?’ is closed to new replies.