Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Long Termer: Gary Fisher 29er Hifi Pro (Premier Content)
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It really is a bike for riding out over the countyside with, over far distant hills. It doesn’t feel too ungainly between your legs.

with (unattributed) journalism of this quality I'm surprised everyone's not signed up 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/reviews/long-termer-gary-fisher-29er-hifi-pro-premier-content

bonesetter
    Free Member

Can't someone post up the rest of the quality report

The HiFi almost won the mtbr top award for '09

Personally I wouldn't mind a Rumblefish, but beggars can't be choosers

JohnClimber
    Free Member

bonesetter – Member
    Personally I wouldn't mind a Rumblefish, but beggars can't be choosers

My Rumblefish 2 turned up last week and had a bit of a spin on it this weekend. I can't really review it as yet as I've ridden rigids and hardtails for the last 4 or 5 years, so the smoothing feeling may take some getting used to.

singlespeedstu

Nige.

Why do you want a Gay Fister when you've got what you've got?

bonzodog
    Free Member

JOhn, you seem to spunking huge wads of cash on bikes of late. Have you won the lottery or sumat??

ton

i think fisher 29rs are the ugliest of all the full sus 29rs.
    and very very flexible…..

coogan
    Free Member

Small framed 29ers just look daft to me.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Hey John. Very nice (ignore the haters). Although must say my preference is for the red/black 😉

Look forward to a ride report , esp on rear shock performance (DRCV) and any need for propedal

Stu – sorry, really no idea at all for an answer – only looking

sillyoldman

Ton – the flex issue is gone for 2010 bikes with the ABP back end and bridged seatstays.

ton

nige, not a hater here mate.
    i have ridden one, and when i stood up to ride out of the saddle the rear wheel rubbed on the stays has the frame flexed..
    john is half my size so it should be ok.

i do think that fisher 29rs look a bit like everything is shoehorned in tho.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

bonzodog – Member
    JOhn, you seem to spunking huge wads of cash on bikes of late. Have you won the lottery or sumat??

I've sold off my 26ers to help fund them, just 3 mtb's now

bonesetter
    Free Member

I haven't ridden a GF, but most of their preceding offerings, inc 26" have all had flex and breakages. The new ones seem as if this has been addressed, a little at least.

I like GF's innovative approach and not following the rest – G2, slacker angles (which many are doing now), working with Fox to come up with the new rear shock, ABP – it all looks good to me.

But! For all GF's gizmo's I would never sell my no frills single pivot Lenz. Until someone comes up with HTA less than 69 deg and chain stays less than 17.3" I'm stayin' with it 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Long Termer: Gary Fisher 29er Hifi Pro (Premier Content)’ is closed to new replies.