Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Long Term Travel Insurance
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

So I am wanting to go do a bit of a gap yahhh for 6 months but im having a bit of trouble with travel insurance.

I am wanting to go live/travel in Australia for 5 months, on the way there I would like to travel around parts of asia for a months, including; Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia.

The thing is I have Crohns and have had an operation in the last 2 yeara and have been in hospital 3 times as a result of it in the last 2 years, at the moment its in remission however with crohns you have no idea when it will return, it may be next week, it may be in ten years! So i guess this puts me in quite a high risk category for travel insurance.

Has anyone had any experience with similar situations? If so could you recommend any companies to try contact about this?

thanks a lot!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Dunno, but your username gave me a laugh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All you can do is call them up. Worst they will do is exclude existing condition so to will not be covered for it.

Hohum
    Free Member

My wife had a kidney infection 18 months ago and I have declared it on our travel insurance when we went on holiday in the summer. It bumped the insurance up, but I can understand why.

I searched for our insurance online and I found that some comparison sites allow you to input pre-existing conditions and some don’t. Be wary of those that don’t and if you go with one make sure you read the small print and see if it covers pre-existing conditions as the first one we went with didn’t, so I cancelled the insurance and found someone else.

Last year we went with a company called Fluid and their website was http://www.fluid.co.uk. I found it through a comparison site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Long Term Travel Insurance’ is closed to new replies.