• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jp.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Long Term Road Bike Hire?
  • jp
    Free Member

Did I read somewhere there are a couple of company’s offering this service? Friend of mine needs a bike for the next 2 or 3 months but doesn’t really want to buy one at this stage. Any advice appreciated.

jam-bo

Sure. I’ll hire him mine for £100 a week.

clubber
    Free Member

It’s unlikely to make sense – he’d be better off buying a second hand bike, riding it and then selling it on.

Bike hire for mtbs tends to be around £50 a day. OK, road bikes could probably be cheaper (less wear and tear typically) but I don’t think that there’s much of a market for it since people typically want a bike that fits them properly if they’re riding it for any length of time.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Buy a used one for £300.
    Sell it in 3 months for £300 (dependant on wear and tear)

No-brainer.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for just buying 2nd hand, £300-£500 should get something good. Prices are up at the moment through as usual with the TDF everyone mate want’s to jump on the bandwagon and give it a go.

On a related note; don’t fall for fassion/reviews.

Cannondale SuperSix was £2000 now £1390 in my LBS.
    Focus Izalco was £2000, now £2200 just about everywhere.

Guess which one won bike of the year in cycling plus and which one got panned for having heavy wheels? Ok so the cannondale is very underspec’d for a £2k bike, but you can now pick up the ultegra version for under £2k. The daftest thing is even the bikes which came joint 2nd all getting 9/10 are all going cheep now.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

http://www.bikeleasingcompany.com/

Two years lease period by the looks of things…..

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Cannondale SuperSix was £2000 now £1390 in my LBS.
    Focus Izalco was £2000, now £2200 just about everywhere.

The izalco pro 3 was £2099 at the time of the review and still is. C+ pirinted incorrect price of £2k.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The izalco pro 3 was £2099 at the time of the review and still is. C+ pirinted incorrect price of £2k.

That makes more sense then, sure i’ve seen it for more though

jp
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. Looks as though second hand is the way to go at this stage. Something that won’t cost the earth and can then be used as a winter trainer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Long Term Road Bike Hire?’ is closed to new replies.