Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long term parking in Portsmouth
  • harryflashman
    Free Member

Trying to find a long term carpark in Portsmouth, as near to the port as possible, that I don’t need a second mortgage for. Off to France bike touring next May and need to leave the car there for 6 days.

Alternatively, if anyone has a space on there driveway they want to hire out…..

slackalice
    Free Member

Presumably you’ve enquires at the brand new yet little used park & ride just off the M275? Tipner, that’s the place.

Tsk, moved out of Southsea a year ago now to somewhere much nicer and I’ve almost forgotten the place….blissful joy 😀

frogstomp

Tried JustPark, ParkOnMyDrive etc..?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Bike on train to Pompey and a quick ride to the port?

m0rk
    Free Member

Leave the car on my drive / outside my house a few miles north of pompey.

Lift down to the ferry is easily done too – drop me an email if you want

mattbee

Park and Ride only open from 7am-8:30 pm…

scaredypants

I know some unrestricted parking spots around the Somerstown/Fratton area

… how nice is your car ? 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can park at my place, that’s the good news. We are however 15 miles from the Ferry or just 1 mile to local train station which can take you there. I’m sure you’ll get a more convenient offer but if not drop me an email

harryflashman
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’d love to get the train from home, but seen as we live north of the M4 the train fare would probably be as much as the ferry fare. Tried all of the big car parks, but they want £10-12 a day which I would begrudge unless I have no other choice.

MOrk, I’ll DM you, cheers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I checked and train from near me (Hamble) is 50 mins, small local line, and £17 return. Safe parking and I can give you access code so I don’t need to be around. Quite pleasant ride up/down coast to Portsmouth if you wish . I can’t commit to driving you and it would be 30 mins anyway so train just as easy. @Mork is more convenient but it’s an option for you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long term parking in Portsmouth’ is closed to new replies.