• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TomB.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Long term (a week) parking in Keswick
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Heading to Keswick for a week tomorrow, staying in the town so parking is limited – our cottage has space for one and from previous experience on street parking is in high demand. We’ll have three cars between us, so where can I leave two of them for a week? Won’t need to use those two much so a walk isn’t an inconvenience.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

There is plenty of parking in the residential streets up past the cinema. It may take you a while to find spaces but there will be some. Make sure you fold in the wing mirrors as those streets are narrow and get full of cars.

thegreatape
    Free Member

OK thanks, will have a look there.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

If not there try up by the high school.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Don’t park in a residential street for a week ffs!. You will be able to park on the road from the YH going up to the swimming pool no probs.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Isn’t it short term all round the swimming pool?

Phil_H

Brundholme road by the swimming pool is where I head for parking. Free as far as I remember.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the street.

breadcrumb

Bottom of Spoony Green or just round from the Pencil Museum/the old climbing wall.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers. Swimming pool is pretty close, will try there.

Clover

Also if you want to avoid hassle, look on one of the ‘park in my drive’ websites e.g.: parkonmydrive.com / justpark.com – there may be something handy.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Didn’t think of that, thanks.

TomB

Convention starts this week, for 3 weeks. Worst time of the year for parking, especially in the streets between the Convention centre and town- the ones with all the Victorian b+b’s. Out of town a bit (Brundholme road, bottom of spooney green etc, should be fine. Also, the car park near Crosthwaite church is free and empty most of the time, a bit far maybe from town but not too bad. Fitz park (near the BMX track/football club, is honesty box, could put a couple of quid in a day and support the football club who were flooded badly in December.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long term (a week) parking in Keswick’ is closed to new replies.