• This topic has 225 replies, 128 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)
  • Long standing forum users
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

We’re DOOMED!

Who was that? I’m going senile in my old age. Got banned for relentless doomsaying.

wwaswas

Cressers.

Sorry to hear about Agony Aunt, Rocketdog.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, cressers. Didn’t he return for a while under a different name…which I can’t remember?

iainc

and SFB, was always highly entertaining. Last I recall was he was also very ill, post heart problems ..

weeksy

There was a thread maybe 12 months back that linked to mumsnet, i can’t even recall what it was now, but i honestly couldn’t even speak, i was reading it with tears rolling down my face and trying to explain it to the wife and just crying with laughter…

munrobiker
    Free Member

And let’s not forget the teen angst of big mike aka Mike and his crush Louisa bliggy.

I don’t know what happened to Mike, though I have wondered lately, I think he became a fancy chef. Louisa is now a lawyer.

I joined in 2002. There was some great stuff in the days when you could change the user names but I think the Houns Gym Girl thread with the rohyppocinos was my all time favourite.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone remember Justa? New bike every other week and would avoid getting them dirty/chipped etc because of resale value…… Tyre tread cleaned with a toothbrush after every ride.

Would rave about a bike he owned then sell it as soon as a bike mag didn’t give it top scores.

Made some of the current serial bike swappers look like amateurs.

jam-bo

yep. the kind of customer that bikes shops dream of.

scotroutes

Justa was great. I got some 2nd hand parts off him. You could guarantee they’d be in superb condition.

jam-bo

I once bought a frame from luke. suprised I’m still alive.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Weeksy was that the one that was regarding leaving a fanny mark on plastic and leather furniture? I remember laughing so much and showing the Mrs it 😀

sadexpunk

around 20 to 25 years here i think, maybe more not sure. it was after the gofar(?) days but not toooo long after. throughout that time this forum has been a big part of my life, reading it most days and getting soooo much useful information from it. it must have saved me hundreds if not thousands of £s from the invaluable advice and experience on here. so much so i sometimes think i really should chuck them a voluntary contribution every now and then but never get round to it 😳

yes theres the odd thread that has me howling from time to time, it can be comedy gold 😆

i rarely ride these days but ill always be a member of the forum. i honestly think id be a bit lost without it, well played to mark, chipps and the crew, plus the mods for keeping it decent. chapeau to you all.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I once bought a frame from luke. suprised I’m still alive.

I would’ve gotten away with it too…

brassneck

Been here since GoFar on and off – I subscribed as the mag thing started as a pitch on here to get it off the ground – no idea how long, but I’m thinking 19 odd years?

Whatever happened to Blackgem?

Cougar

There was a thread maybe 12 months back that linked to mumsnet, i can’t even recall what it was now, but i honestly couldn’t even speak, i was reading it with tears rolling down my face and trying to explain it to the wife and just crying with laughter…

Was that the penis beaker?

Speaking of Mumsnet, remember someone (Cynic-al? maybe) infiltrating their ranks with a troll post that ran and ran? Something to do with issues with their mimsy or some such.

brassneck

‘some such’ is an equally excellent euphemism, even if not intentionally chosen 😀

Cougar

(-:

edlong
    Free Member

The thread I was sad to see reach it’s natural conclusion was that one of McMoonter’s when he had some storm damaged trees to deal with.

And pretty much every other McMoonter thread when I think about it.

Been here a while, but not as long as most.

binners

I’ve been here since I was young (ish) care-free and had no kids, so its at least 14 years

So many highlights but the above-mentioned Mumsnet ;taking it up the wrong’un; raid was genius. Was it Hora who started that?

darrell
    Free Member

been here since ca. 2004 when I was young(ish) free and single living it up in Zurich

now old knackered and tied down in Norway with kids – but loving it really, except the old bit

best threads for me are always the “doing stuff” threads of McMoonter and any thread with photos of the outdoors and lifestyles

Drac

The forum appeared in 2001 just seem like 25 years. 😀

sadexpunk

The forum appeared in 2001 just seem like 25 years.

really? that surprises me. i was sure i used it back in my first job mid-nineties or so. i tied it to around the same time my mate bought an old kona cindercone (bright blue) and got me into mtb’ing, maybe i had a few biking years without the forum then 🙂

thanks

EDIT: i also thought there was chit-chat about whether the forum would go t1ts up over the millenium. again, must have been mistaken. when was the big forum crash?

Drac

You’re probably thinking of bike magic.

The hack was 2008.

Cougar

Was it Hora who started that?

Ooh, you might be right actually.

bencooper
    Free Member

<Ben Kenobi voice>

GoFar? That’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time. A long time.

</Ben Kenobi voice>

Houns

I had a ride in the Peak with Justa. Nice chap.

Everyone I’ve ever met off here, mleh and most off bikemagic have been absolute leg ends. I met Dylan, he’s a different sort of leg end.

Big Mike is happily married, doing great and is a top chef at a rather nice riverside hotel in Worcester, I don’t recall that girls name mentioned on t’other page.

Oh, just to point out, I was never Bunnyg! And occasionally see the gym girl out and about, for Stourbridge locals, have seen her a few times in the Duke, I don’t know who’s the luckiest out of us two that it didn’t go further than a few dates

Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘Long standing forum users’ is closed to new replies.