Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Long SS drop outs rock ! (singlecross content)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

reason No1 why Dedicated SS frames are better than old roadie conversions.

can run 42:14 fixed for the road at 81 inches and 42:21 freewheel for off road at 54 inches without changing chain length. when freewheeling it runs at the front of the drops and when fixie it runs about a cm from the rear. Dont even have to adjust the brakes as i dont need the rear brake when riding fixed so just leave it in the free wheel position. Old roadie conversion it was a headache just fixing a puncture never mind turning a wheel around at will !

also fitted an old set of tatty looking middleburns with Blackspire ring.

Rides lovely. Gonna take it for a good long spin tomorrow !

epicyclo

Old roadie conversions flex too much, never mind all the hassles.

I love my Pompino SS on the MTB tracks – always amazes me how I can climb stuff on a 47/18 with the skinny CX tyres that I find hard on my 29er with 32/20.

Stoner
    Free Member

my pompino can take 49:20 to 49:16 without removing links.

I currently have it as 49:18 free for general riding, but have just put a 16T fixed on the other side to attack a time trial loop that I kept spinning out at 49:18.

trail_rat
    Free Member

reason No2. Havin been out and about off the road and on this morning. The tri cross BB is significantly higher than the old puch. Puchs 170 cranks often struck the floor which is interesting on fixed wheel…. my tri cross with 175s never even did even when i tried to see how low i could go …felt id fall over before it would strike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Long SS drop outs rock ! (singlecross content)’ is closed to new replies.