Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Long slot toaster suggestions
  • marmottefarcie
    Free Member

Our AEG branded toaster spectacularly blew up this morning just as I was reaching to eject the toast.
    Anyone have any recommendations for a reliable long slot toaster that doesn’t cost a fortune to buy?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Don’t know about long slot, but I splashed out on a very expensive toaster a couple of years back and it was very slow and then failed. So I paid peanuts for the one I have now and it’s great…..fast, good toast just no crumb tray. It’s a Russell Hobbs.

lotsroad
    Free Member

Aah, my favourite OCD topic.

q) Why oh why can’t toaster manufacturers make toasters that correspond to the size of the most commonly used slices of bread?

Answer: I don’t know, but the solution is any standard four slice toaster (mine is no brand from Argos) and just lay the bread down on its side.

Q) Why oh why do toaster manufacturers put the heat dial on the side of the toaster where it cannot be seen, instead of the front where it can be seen?

A) I don’t know. But Bosch make one with the dial on the front – those clever Germans eh? – but it’s a bog standard size so won’t take ‘oval’ shaped bread sliced off a loaf.

I have yet to locate my ultimate toaster:

-a four slice toaster – which you can use for two large slices -with a dial on the front. Surely the massed ranks of the world’s electrical goods manufacturers can manage this?

Recently had disappointing experience with Russell Hobbs: thought it was brushed steel but turned out to be imitation brushed steel (ie plastic), couldn’t return because child had used it once, donated it to a poor relation. I will not have imitation anything in my kitchen. Dualit seem to be trading off reputation rather than substance these days.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Long slot toaster suggestions’ is closed to new replies.