Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long shot: William Curley Apricot and Chocolate Roulade Recipe
  • rwc03
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be making this for Christmas Day but I’ve forgotten the cook book. Anybody got a copy of his book and would be willing to send me the recipe please?

Thanks in advance

rwc03
    Free Member

Sorted already, thanks

trevron73
    Free Member

I havn’t got the book but i trained under Marco Pierre White (with Willi)for seven years

3 tablespoons (42 grams) hot melted unsalted butter

1/2 cup (65 grams) cake flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup (30 grams) unsweetened regular or Dutch-processed cocoa powder

4 large eggs

2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

double the recipe and then whisk eggs and sugar in a mixer(electric)until light and fluffy add the rest ,
    then pipe onto a baking sheet and bake for 4 to 6 mins @165c.

lay out a sheet of baking paper bigger than the sponge and sprinkle with cocoa powder and caster sugar and flip the sponge on to this sponge side down so paper is in the air .re read this and it will makes sense .
    then score an x in the baking paper whilst warm and peel the paper off from the center outwards,
    brush with a mixture of sugar water and bailys50ml/50ml/50ml
    and then spead with apricot jam and then chocolate mousse roll up and dust with icing sugar ,
    Chocolate mousse
    4 eggs ,100g caster sugar whisked till fluffy
    100g dark chocolate 70%cocoa 50g butter metled together in a bowl over a pan of hot water
    mix these together and then add 200 ml whipped Double cream(dont use whipping as the fat content is not enough to hold the mousse)

Happy Christmas

rwc03
    Free Member

Wow, thanks Trevron. Must have been an experience working in that Kitchen.

Happy Christmas to you too

julianwilson
    Free Member

2 recipe emergencies sorted in two days. What a lovely forum. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long shot: William Curley Apricot and Chocolate Roulade Recipe’ is closed to new replies.