Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long Shot: What do we think of the Radon Slide 130 29?
  • higgo
    Free Member

Similar to Canyon, Radon are (as far as I can see) a German, direct sales bike manufacturer, in this case through the bike-discount website.

The Slide 130 29er looks like a lot of bike for the money but I’m struggling to find reviews of it. There are two by German bike mag/websites but my German and Google Translate renders them useless. The only thing I’ve managed to determine from the web is that if you’re a good rider and fit studded tyres you can ride it down a bobsleigh track – impressive but not what I had planned for it.

So…
    anyone got one? what do you think?
    anyone know of any English-language reviews?
    anyone read German better than me and can précis the German reviews?

devs
    Free Member

They’ve got a good Facebook page. Ask there. It’s pretty scenic 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

You’re right there are some really quite pleasant photos on their facebook page.
    Not a huge amount about the Slide 29er on there though. It doesn’t look like it’s a model they’re pushing.
    (or maybe I was just distracted by the totty?)

higgo
    Free Member

So it seems nobody’s got one, ridden one or seen an English-language review of one.

I know numbers aren’t everything but what can we tell about it from the geometry?

edit: looks like the numbers don’t copy across with the geometry picture (whihc clearly makes it pretty much useless).
    Anyway I think the important numbers for the size I’m looking at (20″ (L)) are:
    ETT – 612mm
    HA 68.5deg
    Chain stay: 450mm
    Seat tube: 74.5deg

AlexSimon

Why does that pic look like a completely different bike?

Is it not this bike?

There are a lot of reviews of the 26″ version, so you could start there.

andytherocketeer

So it seems nobody’s got one, ridden one or seen an English-language review of one.

Live in Germany, and never even seen one. Have heard of them, and had a nose at their website before.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Reviews seem positive. They have a works racing team.
    Go for it, what’s the worst that could happen?

higgo
    Free Member

It’s academic now as I’ve bought a HT.

I’d still be interested though for the future if a Slide 29er owner digs this thread up.

sfwall
    Free Member

Hi there. I bought a Radon slide 29″ 9.0 about a year ago and I must say I’m quite happy with it. It’s incredible value for money in terms of parts, and the bike is a joy to ride – if you like 29er and their stability and grip. If cornering is what you enjoy most go for a 27.5″ bike. Compared to my old Radon slide/stage 26″, a new canyon Nerve 27.5″ and a Cannondale scalpel 29″ it’s quite forgiving and not very agile downhill as well as not a super sprinter on the way up. But it’s tremendously calm and stable down on the S0/ S1 trails I mostly ride in the Heidelberg area in Germany. More skilled riders might enjoy S2 trails as well on this sturdy and robust bike.
    All the testers say – and I like to agree – that the bike frame is a bit heavish and not the bike not the most agile, but I think a 75-80 mm stem sorts the agility out (at least for me) without making the bike nervous and the weight is OK if you consider that I comes with a dropper seat post. In turn, it’s also incredibly forgiving and stable downhill as well as a good climber.
    I had to choose between a Cannondale trigger 29″, a Canyon Spectral 29″ and the slide 29″. I bought the slide as the Cannondale had a great feel and geometry but was way too heavy (+1,5 kg/6 pounds over the other two bikes) and canyon simply wouldn’t deliver for about 2 months. Plus the slide had the best parts and was on the same level as the spectral.
    Bottom line: buy this bike if you are looking for good value for money, a calm and reliable ( but at times not so agile) 29er MTB. You might be equally well equipped with a canyon spectral 29″ or if you want it faster and less technical on your way down a canyon nerve 29″.

Hope this is of any help,
    Cheers!
    Sebastian

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long Shot: What do we think of the Radon Slide 130 29?’ is closed to new replies.