Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long shot: Volvo V50 engine fault driving me nuts, help!
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

ECU fault code is low fuel pressure. Garage has checked the fuel injectors and all are ok. EGR cleaned, particulate trap cleaned. They’re now stumped as to what the fault could be and I’m £400 out of pocket. It’s a 1.6d, 2008 model, 174k miles.

cranberry
    Free Member

Probably a silly question, but have you replaced the fuel filter ?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I haven’t, it might be worth a shot. At the moment, anything is worth trying.

unovolo
    Free Member

Isnt that the citroen/psa engine thats also shared with the Ford Focus if so might be worth googling for similar symptoms on Fords and Citroens,

It does seem to have a bit of a reputation if it is the above .

toby

Without knowing the engine, has someone put a gauge on the fuel rail to determine if it’s actually outside spec, or the ECU just thinks it is?

If it is, fuel filter seems an obvious start, as do fuel lines, pump(s) and the pickup in the tank.

If it isn’t, I’m guessing the pressure sensor would be first culprit?

SamB
    Free Member

On the fuel filter front – have you recently run it down until the tank is nearly empty? Good way to sweep all the crap from the bottom of your tank into the filter, I had the same problem on my petrol V70 🙂

brant
    Free Member

V50 owner here. I would suggest fuel filter.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions, will put them to my garage tomorrow. I did recently run the tank until the light came on.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Garage has checked the fuel injectors and all are ok. EGR cleaned, particulate trap cleaned

None of those would affect fuel pressure. EGR and particulate trap are on the exhaust side. At least injectors are on the right side, but to me, low fuel pressure means the fuel isn’t reaching the injectors at the right pressure. So I’d look at fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel lines (and/or find a garage that knows what they’re doing)

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

As per greybeard, garage sound like a bunch of cowboys. I would ask you to pop the error code up and i can get someone at work to check it. But I’m on holiday now…….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long shot: Volvo V50 engine fault driving me nuts, help!’ is closed to new replies.