Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long shot- Trainee accountant Position
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Posting on behalf of my brother,
    He is looking to gain his AAT accountancy qualifications but needs to be in a related job either at an accountants or in a companies accountants/finance department and I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any possible vancancies in North Yorkshire.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Does he have any experience at all in accounts?

He needs to get himself around the local accountancy practices in person to introduce himself and leave them his CV. We get dozens of prospects sending their CV’s in the post or email but the ones who have called in have always been asked back when we’ve had a position available. We normally tell them to get in touch with the local colleges too as they work hard to find their students places. We’ve taken on two staff who had called into see us.
    I must warn you that pay for accounts trainee is poor but he will normally have his training paid for and at a practice get a lot more experience.

fizzicist
    Free Member

North Yorkshire is quite big – which bit?!

Drop me a line on Greg.barton at yahoo dot co dot uk and I’ll send some info – I work in North Leeds and commute from Harrogate, always vacancies at our place for accountants. Equally I know a few places in H’gate who have requirements.

joespencer33
    Free Member

He’s done quite a lot of payroll and accounts for a farm shop and cafe so has a decent idea.
    We’re between york and Scarborough so harrogate will be too far really especially on trainee salary.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Has he tried the local college. AAT is still classed as an apprenticeship so the course fees will be paid for and as I said in the previous post it’s in their interest to get their students a placement.

AAT Apprenticeship

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long shot- Trainee accountant Position’ is closed to new replies.