• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by belm.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Long shot: Someone sent me some old bars and quill stems a while back…
  • belm
    Free Member

…which we planned to wall mount in our office as bike storage. We’ve just put them up, and whoever sent me the stems asked for photos of the bars in use but I’ve completely lost his email. Hopefully if I just plop this rubbish phone photo here he’ll see them.

rusty90
    Free Member

Ooh, that’s clever. Very stylish.

bigblackshed

I like that a lot.

marmaduke
    Free Member

how does the quill mount to the base thingy?

belm
    Free Member

The base is a turned piece of stainless steel bar, and the quill just jams into it. We had originally planned to test the positioning and then put a grub screw or something in to secure it, but it seems to work as is 🙂

The flange is fitted into the wall with coach bolts.

bigyinn
    Free Member

He said flange, *sniggers*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Coach bolts in your flange… 😆

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Nice. I really like that as a solution. Almost looks too good to be confined to a shed / garage.

STATO
    Free Member

The quill just jams into it. We had originally planned to test the positioning and then put a grub screw or something in to secure it

Funny that, its almost as if quill stems were designed to work by jamming in tubes 😆

DezB
    Free Member

What an unexpected treat of a little thread 🙂 and 😆

bearnecessities

Is that a body with rigor mortis?

cp

very nice

findo_gask
    Free Member

Great job. Saw something similar a couple of months ago and have been keeping my eyes peeled for some old kit to copy the idea myself.

Looks cool on the brick wall.

belm
    Free Member

Is that a body with rigor mortis?

And an erection apparently 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Long shot: Someone sent me some old bars and quill stems a while back…’ is closed to new replies.