Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Long Shot : Planet X Exocet Aero bar spares
  • MarginWalker
    Free Member

I bought a new planet X Exocet at the end of last season which was due to get it’s first run out this week in our Club TT league.

When trying to setup the bars yesterday I overtightened one of the bolts on the aero bar clamp (with a 5Nm Richey Torque key). I’ve been in contact with PX who tell me I’ll have to replace the whole base unit at a cost of approx £150 and no stock is expected until end of May :o(

I know it’s a long shot but would anyone have a spare clamp they’d like to sell?

brant
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this – I’m seeing if we have any spare stock from a returned bar, or other solution. We do usually hold stock of these parts, but we are totally out right now.

A fix for now is to drill through the stripped thread hole, and use a longer bolt with a nut on the end. Ugly, but it’ll work.

kilo

have you tried posting here;

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?act=idx

might have more luck

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MarginWalker
    Free Member

Hi brant thanks for looking into this for me, I will follow your suggestion and drill out the clamp until I can source a replacement.

Kilo thanks for the link I will post in there this evening cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Long Shot : Planet X Exocet Aero bar spares’ is closed to new replies.