Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Long-shot of the day..Any florists in? :-)
  • bearnecessities

A very good friend has a birthday coming up, and she has always had a dream of being a florist – that said, she realises it’s a dream, but still loves all things flowers.

I was thinking some kind of floristry course, but something that she could come away with something from as well – either a membership, or basic level qualification, but more importantlysomething that will make her feel like she’s got a little tick in that dream if you know what I mean, rather than just a flower arranging course that could be a bit “well, this is what you could be doing, but you’re not!”

Any thoughts? Googling a bit ‘meh’ so far.

I’m not going to say money no object as it bloody is, but she’s a lovely lass and I’m happy to fork out a few hundred if it’s going to give her something enjoyable that she can look back on fondly.

Thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Where is she/you?

bearnecessities

She’s Sheffield area, but happy to pay for accommodation/travel.

(I’m Leeds)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

happy to pay for accommodation/travel.

DWA together in That London, then. She’ll love it.

The course, that is.

scaredypants

<Struggles to resist clematis-based post>

scaredypants

Oh, and

“… THIS is for the flowers”

“That’s OK, love, there’s an empty vase on the windowledge”

rOcKeTdOg

I did BTEC in floristry, few years ago now though. Try City & guilds or the NVQ route?

bartyp
    Free Member

I have a friend in New York who does very, very well out of ‘floristry’. Single table arrangements for posh dinners can cost the client well over $100 each. Insane in my eyes, but there is a market for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Long-shot of the day..Any florists in? :-)’ is closed to new replies.