Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long Shot: Is anyone living or has anyone lived in Cairneyhill, Fife
  • MrGrim

Anyone?

I'm looking at a house there and could do with first hand advice on broadband speeds.

white101

No use to you whatsoever but when I was in the navy, my mate from Cairneyhill spent more time sleeping on in the copshop than owt else. Just thought I'd share that, it was back in the mid 90's and where he lived was a bit rough. Spent a couple of nights out in the town and boy was it rough.

PS: I'm sure its changed

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I live about 5 miles away (Dunfermline). Broadband speeds seem fine here, but I'm not sure where you're comparing it to. I'm on 8M which seems pretty reliable and no contention issues.

Spent a couple of nights out in the town and boy was it rough

Eh? It's a sleepy wee village with a golf course and a bike shop, 1 or maybe 2 pubs. I cycle through it frequently. Wouldn't describe it as rough, exactly.

druidh
    Free Member

Mate of mine lives there and regularly works from home via the VPN. Never heard him complain about bandwidth.

caledonia
    Free Member

What to do is make sure your local exchange is Dunfermline and NOT Inverkeithing.
    Former is blinding and get some nice speeds, latter is shocking, and I struggle to get dial-up speeds.

My mate is out by Halbeath and gets some brilliant speed and solid connection.

MrGrim

Thanks folks. I live in Dunfermline just now and get 5Mb. I thought all of Cairneyhill was Newmills exchange. I did a lookup on the houses postcode and it says 512kbps. I do a bit of work from home, so it sounds sad but broadband speed is playing a big decision on the next move.

MrGrim

my mate from Cairneyhill spent more time sleeping on in the copshop than owt else.

Definitely the same Cairneyhill? 😀 I must be missing a lot driving through everyday!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long Shot: Is anyone living or has anyone lived in Cairneyhill, Fife’ is closed to new replies.