Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Long shot I know but does anyone have an email address for the police in Chatel?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Had something stolen on holiday recently, went into the station in town and the just sort of shrugged at us and said "Abondance" in a very dismissive way. However, without some sort of crime reference number, the insurance company just don't want to know. So, does anyone have an email address for the French Police? Chatel/Abondance would be nice but just getting into the system somewhere would be good.

It was bike kit that was pinched so I'll leave it in the bike forum for now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That's for the link but neither of us speak French which might have added to the level of disinterest. It might come to that though and fingers crossed that someone on the other end is willing to speak English.

uplink
    Free Member

You kwow what?

I'd be tempted just to make a crime ref number up

uplink
    Free Member

Here you go I called them on your behalf

5877845554/çjg67tê/2010

Onzadog
    Free Member

The thought had crossed my mind. :D. Just need to find the format.

ocrider

Google is your friend (but only if you speak good French in this case,it was well hidden) 😉

bta.abondance@gendarmerie.interieur.gouv.fr

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

WHY not use that translation website from english to french? visa versa!

VOILA! 😛

uplink
    Free Member

Hang on a minute

visa versa! VOILA! ???????????

what's that? Latin French? 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sacre bleu….

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Oui Oui, Touche!

Blimey, the cider's really kickin in now.

ocrider

Cant translate French logic. 8) Bon sang!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers ocrider. That might help things along a bit! STW to the rescue once again.

igm

Where's Juan when you need him to argue your case?

pastcaring
    Free Member

i lost my phone while in nyc, i asked a policeman if they would give me a crime number. he said he couldn't give me a crime number as the phone was lost not stolen…

when i got home i went to the local police station explained what had happened, they gave me a crime reference number for the insurance company.
    i don't know if this will work for you, worth giving it a try.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Long shot I know but does anyone have an email address for the police in Chatel?’ is closed to new replies.