• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long shot – FollowMe tandem and Kona Unit / singlespeeder compatability
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

So I know there are a few FollowMe users on here so I’m hoping one of them will be able to help me out here… I’m looking to get a FollowMe but I’m worried it won’t work with the “general purpose bike” which is a Kona Unit 29er. The issue is the unit has sliding dropouts that are held on with some substantial bolts that I’m worried will interfere with the FollowMe. To get clearance for a Chariot adapter a friend had to machine a spacer and I’ve used a 170mm fat bike skewer.

Has anyone else encountered this or got any good suggestions?

Or can someone with a FollowMe measure how much clearance they have please.

bencooper
    Free Member

Bung me an email so I don’t forget, and I’ll measure the one I have at the shop tomorrow – ben@kinetics.bike

igm

Looks tight I’d agree. If you’re round York you’re welcome to try ours – but if you’re round York you’d probably go to Tadcaster anyway.

StirlingCrispin

You might need this:
    http://www.followmetandem.co.uk/followme-tandem-accessories/followme_adaptor_for_hub_gear_with_click-box.php

I used this on my hub-geared bike with coaster brakes.

PS: Phone Cyclesense and ask them – they were incredibly helpful to me.

Bez

That’s odd. I’m fairly sure I’ve used our Follow Me on a clickbox-equipped Rohloff bike. I can check later if need be, but I’m sure Ben’s measurements will be more accurate than mine 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – FollowMe tandem and Kona Unit / singlespeeder compatability’ is closed to new replies.