Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Long shot – Campag freehub body, older style (darkside)
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

I need a Campag Scirocco replacement freehub for a 2008/09 wheel. More recent Sciroccos have a difference freehub design. Annoyingly the Campag distributors don’t stock spares for wheels older than 2 or 3 years (!) so I’m now looking for a shop or a person that has older stock.

Any one got any ideas?

Part no. for current edition of freehub is FH-BU015X R2107113 ; Chicken or Iride ref is CPS32A. But I don’t know the refs for the older version.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Cyclesport North can be quite helpful when it comes to Campag spares, always used to have stuff that Chickens didn’t IME

wonnyj
    Free Member

I gave them a ring but unless I have the part no. they can’t do anything for me….

jamesr
    Free Member

I’d try Mercian in Derby. If they can’t supply a spare, they will fit new bearings into old freehubs (assuming you have it, obviously).
    Really helpful shop in my experience.

woody2000
    cynic-al
    Free Member

What’ve you done to it?

Never seen a campag freehub body fail.

AD

I cracked the freehub body in my old zonda wheelset – and had a similar problem. In the end I had to buy a record hub and strip out the entire axle out to fit into the old hub. Works fine but not exactly a cheap option (although cheaper than a new wheel).
    However you might want to try these guys – http://www.dotbike.com/p/7492
    They were really helpful and knowledgable when I bought the wrong freehub (before I went down the new hub route). Returns policy was good too…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Would an old 8 speed hub work? I have something low budget thta might do. Avanti I think/

wonnyj
    Free Member

I’ve found one on ebay, thanks guys for the suggestions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – Campag freehub body, older style (darkside)’ is closed to new replies.