Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Long shot but thought I'd ask…
  • Potdog
    Free Member

In Leeds for a bit of a holiday. The car we usually borrow is off the road. So my question is…..does anyone have a car I can rent off them for a few weeks?

meehaja
    Free Member

holiday in Leeds? I know its sunny n all but Leeds? Anyway, I can’t lend you the car I’m afraid, but if you need a bike let me know…

Keva
    Free Member

these people have…

http://www.leedscarrentals.co.uk/

Potdog
    Free Member

Already got a bike with me meehaja, but thanks for the offer. Have also booked a couple of days car hire with those people already keva, about the cheapest I could find. But longer term (3 or 4 weeks) is a different story!

boblo
    Free Member

Do you always borrow everything or have you considered paying your own way in life?

robdob
    Free Member

Get your car fixed?

Potdog
    Free Member

I wasn’t asking for a free car, I asked if anyone had one they wanted to rent out. Maybe one they had but weren’t using and could earn a few quid in the process. For my part, maybe cheaper than a proper hire company.

But yes, we normally borrow one from family when visiting as mine is too big for hand baggage or even hold baggage on our annual UK trip 😯

Potdog
    Free Member

Robdob, from what I’m told by the inlaws, it’s new car time, but not likely to happen while we’re here unfortunately.

bearnecessities

I live in Leeds fella; you can’t use my car I’m afraid (it’s a long term hire car) but let me know if you get stuck for lifts anywhere.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Most people aren’t going to be able to rent you their as it will invalidate their insurance as “hire or reward” is prohibited.

dannybgoode

@craigxxl – If potdog insures the car (various short term car insurers out there) then it is they that are insuring the vehicle and no issues with the owner’s insurance.

Hire / Reward refers more to using it as a minicab.

Cheers

Danny B

craigxxl
    Free Member

Still can’t insure the same car twice.

Potdog
    Free Member

Cheers bearnecessities, and you got it in one Danny B. That’s not what the short term insurance company says Craig. The policy is designed for situations where you might “borrow” a friends car.

sid8
    Free Member

You can hire car from LU car rentals. There are many types of cars and vans available. All vehicles are insured and come with breakdown cover when travelling outside the UK.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Long shot but thought I'd ask…’ is closed to new replies.