Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Long shot, but can anyone remember
  • bubs

A photo from a mountain bike race/event in the South of France which had really odd perspective in that the riders looked liked toy models? If so, how do you go about doing that then (a link to the photo would be nice too).

colournoise

Google tilt/shift techniques for your image editor of choice.

bubs

That’s it – thanks!

CraigW
    Free Member

It can be done with a tilt shift lens. ie a lens that allows you to adjust the plane of focus. Though these are often rather expensive.
    Or by ‘free-lensing’, ie holding the lens in front of camera, but not actually attached. Or some sort of adapter.

Though probably easier/cheaper just to do it in Photoshop.

rudedog
    Free Member

Was it the TDF your thinking of?

You can get that effect with something called a ‘lensbaby’ lens which is much cheaper than a standard tilt shift lens.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-lensbaby-spark-nikon-fit/p1532919?mkwid=saavovjgy_dc&pcrid=89741338739&kword=&match=&plid=&gclid=cjd2kzb2vsscfuqcgwod1u8hbq

andytherocketeer

tilt-shift lens is the official, proper way

almost every smartphone, and probably modern point and shoot camera too (pretty sure mine does), will have an auto mode called toy effect or something. It’s not the same, but just a post processing to have the same effect (ie blur top/bottom, and increase colour saturation)

there were a flurry of photos like that when iphone got that filter (I presume it was iphone), but most people soon got bored of it

bubs

Hmm. The magic has rather gone out of it if it is just computer trickery. I think the shot was from the Roc d’Aur and I was hoping to inspire a holiday choice with it.

lardman
    Free Member

To really add to this effect, you should also look at the colour/saturation of the image. Adds to the ‘toy’ effect overall.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Long shot, but can anyone remember’ is closed to new replies.