Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long shot – anyone lost a bike on the road between Heswall and Chester?
  • cheshirecat
    Free Member

Driving home this evening, about 10pm – guy flags me down, presumably because of the 4 bike racks on the roof of the car. He's found a decent mountain bike in the middle of the road. He's pulled it to the side, but isn't local (and has a little car), and doesn't just want to leave it there.

So, I've taken the bike home. Will call the Police in the morning, and the Bike Factory in Chester (label on bike) and try to reunite the bike with its owner. However, if anyone can describe said bike in detail, send me a mail. I'm assuming it's fallen off someone's bike rack.

Paul

dawson

someone is going to have a shock when they get home and get out of their car and find that the dandyhorse isn't where they left it…

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Quite – hoping for a happy ending at least. Saddle and grips a bit damaged, but otherwise OK

loddrik
    Free Member

I'll take it it was me, only I was riding it at the time and now I can't remember what it looks like as I must have bumped my head…

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd

bassspine
    Free Member

oooops!

There wasn't a badly wounded cyclist in the ditch 100 yards away was there? 🙁

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Did cross my mind that someone may be injured. We checked around the area. No sign of anyone, and no lights on the bike. Will take it to the Police station in Chester this morning.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Maybe no lights is the clue!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Well, the road is an unlit rural dual carriageway – notorious for accidents. Would be suicide at night without lights, and fairly dangerous with lights. I tend to avoid it on the bike .

Bike now with Police in Chester.

Paul

cheshirecat
    Free Member

UPDATE:

Happy ending – guy just called me, very happy to have his bike back. He'd left it a couple of days, thinking that no-one would hand it in.

Fell out of the back of his pick-up. Was a Specialized Rockhopper Pro btw. Seemed like a nice bike.

Paul

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – anyone lost a bike on the road between Heswall and Chester?’ is closed to new replies.