Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long shot, anyone got an induction hob over a built under double oven?
  • nickdavies

As above, let the power of STW speak.

All hobs seem to be 52mm deep and need 15mm clearnance below them. Cannot find a cooker for the life of me that meets this requirement even singles, but my existing bosch double oven which i would rather use will be nowhere near the 27mm below the worktop i need it to be unless i drop it right down and have a massive gap between it and the worktop. Am i being thick here or will this really not work?

Sorry, shoudl be in chat if a mod could move.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Unfortunately built under doubles have to use as much of the available space as they have available and induction hobs are quite deep. I reckon if you got 10mm clearance you’d be ok anyway, maybe even a touch less.

Not necessarily advocating them to purchase from, but I found AO.com useful as they seem to have dimensions including clearances needed on most if not all of the products they sell. Might be useful.

zippykona

We have a samsung BQ2Q7G078.
    It’s an oven you can have as one big one or put the shelf thing in and you can split it.
    We really only use the top.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

my existing bosch double oven which i would rather use will be nowhere near the 27mm below the worktop i need it to be unless i drop it right down and have a massive gap between it and the worktop

why can’t you just drop it down enough so that there is only a 27mm gap?

timba
    Free Member

Thicker worktop?

spooky_b329

Drop the existing right down and just get a bit of matching trim to put across the gap?

Looking at my oven, its got 15mm gaps between the two doors and the controls, so a 15mm gap under the worktop would not be out of place. Its black glass and the worktop is fairly dark so I could probably with a 20-30mm gap and not notice it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

BTW, on mine the gap between the bottom of worktop and top of my oven is 27mm. the gap visible at the front is 10mm just enough clearance to blow air out the front of the hob. The grill you can see in pic 1 is the induction hob vent

granny_ring

I made this mistake when buying our induction hob and double oven, had to drop the oven around 40mm by screwing some L brackets to the units.

nickdavies

Thanks all, banana my oven top is flush with the top of the front plate so much higher than your example, would look a bit naff i think. Would have to cut plinth too which would be noticeable. Will have a play with some angle brackets and see what i can come up with.

granny_ring

It doesn’t look good having the bottom of the oven lower than the line of the bottom of the units tbh, but we have a small terraced kitchen so it doesn’t stand out that much. If you could see the whole length of units from a distance that might be different.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long shot, anyone got an induction hob over a built under double oven?’ is closed to new replies.