Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long shot – anyone got a spare HpI check that they aren't going to use?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Looking at a used car and I know some folks buy the multiple HPI car checks and only use a couple

Beer/Donations to charity as payment!

Ta

Xc

steveh

Just use mytextcheck, it's only £3 text the reg to 83600. All the hpi checks use the same data. I've used them a few times and have had good service when there was a problem too.

xcgb
    Free Member

Steve are they really the same as an RAC £20 jobbie?

I had heard that they don't check as much, its been over 10 years since i bought a car so am out of practice!

I am no car pimp

tron
    Free Member

I've found the text checks to be fine. A lot of the stuff you get on a real HPI is pointless – someone put a personalised plate on 5 years ago etc. What you want to know is if it's been written off and if it's been nicked. And that's what you find out for £3.

Best thing for me is that it's become worthwhile to do these on cheap cars.

However, you don't seem to get credit checks on them, so if it's pretty modern, you might want to try another service.

Quick google says that https://www.mycarcheck.com/ do check for credit…

xcgb
    Free Member

Tron its only 5k and 2005 so shouldn't be a problem but i will try a credit check too

Thanks for the help

nedrapier

I'm pretty sure I have. Got the full monty one x 3 and only used 2. email in profile if you want to send me the Reg No.

xcgb
    Free Member

Ned
    YGM

Xc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – anyone got a spare HpI check that they aren't going to use?’ is closed to new replies.