Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long shot – any Message Broker experts in?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I know there is at least one on STW, actually 🙂

edhornby

No but we have them at work… Got a specific question?

molgrips
    Free Member

My file input node was reading messages just fine, but now it just does nothing until I restart the broker at which point it reads the message.

Confused I am.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ahem 😉

What polling interval do you have set ? Node Properties->Polling

molgrips
    Free Member

Five seconds. I think I fixed it now.. Deleted the temporary files in the transition directory, restarted and it works.

Do you by any chance know about setting java system properties with mqsichangeproperties? I set some but they don’t seem to have the desired effect and when I call System.getProperties they aren’t there, despite being visible with mqsireportproperties.

allthepies
    Free Member

Presumably you tried:-

mqsichangeproperties <BKR> -o ComIbmJVMManager -n jvmSystemProperty -v -Dpropname=propvalue

(might need to specify a -e <execution group> arg if you want to target Java Compute nodes in a specific execution group)

Oh, did you restart broker after the mqsichangeproperties command ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes and yes. Reportpropeties DID show correct properties, but the jvm didn’t seem to want to know.

allthepies
    Free Member

Hmmm, I have had success previously with setting JVM properties using the command. What version / platform ?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Personally I think you’re wrong
    You need to reset the whatchamacallit so the thingmagig can talk to the oojimaflop – that should sort it

molgrips
    Free Member

What I’m trying to do is allow remote JMX connections to the JVM for the broker (or is it the execution group?)

That’s normally done with JVM properties. Like I say mqsireportproperties reports them correctly but if I write Java code to list them out they aren’t there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – any Message Broker experts in?’ is closed to new replies.