Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Long shot – 2007 Orange Clockwork seat clamp size
  • nedrapier

Any owners who can help me out?

The frame/year doesn’t appear in the FAQ specs on the Orange websiteand the tech phone line’s been busy every time I’ve tried.

And a special bonus question: what’s the internal diameter of the seat tube without the shim?

If I was forced to guess, I’d say they were probably the same as that year’s P7, but I’d rather know for sure before I order a clamp.

Thanks!

johnellison
    Free Member

e-mail them?

27,2 at a guess!

nedrapier

That’d be the seatpost size. I’d like the seat clamp size, which is 2 steps away from that – there’s a shim in there as well.

There’s no email on the website “contact”, so it seems it’s not a preferred comm. method.

I did get through on the phone a minute ago, and the guy I spoke to couldn’t find the info. And he was surprised to hear about a shim, too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

29.6mm ID and 31.8mm clamp from memory.

nedrapier

Cheers Scott.

How confident are you? 🙂

If, for example, we sat next to each other at work, would you be encouraging me to click on “buy” or to go home and check? (For the sake of argument, we don’t hate each other!)

tonyg2003

According to mine sitting in the garage (no.102) 27.2mm internal diameter 🙂 Then usual steel tube external clamo for this tube.

mike399
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Have a look at this 2007 page from the internet archive which gives the seat tube size as 29.6mm (sadly no mention of clamp size although the 98-99 Clockwork had a 29.6mm seat tube and accepted 31.8mm front mech).

nedrapier

hey! mike and mama, what’s with the no-post posts!? pics I can’t see, maybe?

Cheers Tony, Have you got a shim in there too? Wifey’s has, the shim takes a 27.2mm post

Now I’m back and I’ve had a look, the outer diameter is 31.8mm (as far as I can tell by eye with a with a tape measure). Inner without the shim is about 29.8? – just looked back up at Scotts – or 29.6mm.

On checking Scotts 31.8 with the clamp diameter of a Spesh dolce elite (they’re currently sharing a clamp), I bought a 32mm Salsa flip lock on the way home, but it doesn’t bloody fit. rrrgh.

nedrapier

Cheers mama, all ties up. Doesn’ help me with the blinkin 31.45mm Salsa QR collar. tsk.

mamadirt
    Free Member

The ‘no-post’ was originally a link to the Orange Bikes FAQs which I deleted once I realised that there was no mention of the special edition Clockwork 😳 . Now, iirc, Salsa do an odd-sized flip lock (31mm or something) – I remember as they were being sold very cheaply on the ‘bay and I’d considered buying one for my 30mm seat-tubed Kona last summer and shimming it to fit. I wonder if that’s what you have . . . hold on . . .

nedrapier

Ahh!

This one was bought from a cycle surgery in London on the way home, etched 32mm, came with the card backing witth the pretty pickchers and writing saying “32mm (31.8)”

I’ll take it back in tomorrow, see what they say, hopefully they’ll have some vernier calipers and a bike with a 31.8mm seat tube they can try it on.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep 30.6mm – ebay have them and also billys.co.uk at reduced prices. Could this be what yours is? Unlikely though if it’s etched with the size. Hope you get it sorted.

chestrockwell

Just dug my frame (003/200) out and had a look at the qr only to find it doesn’t have the size marked on it 🙄

A chap on retrobike had the same problem as you and think he got it sorted so it could be worth searching there. Strange that so many seem to have lost the shims? Maybe the frame only sales didn’t have them? I got my current one 2nd hand as a full bike and it has the shim but I had a NOS frame only a few years back and don’t think that did. 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – 2007 Orange Clockwork seat clamp size’ is closed to new replies.