Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • long or short Reverb
  • xcentric
    Free Member

reverbs again, I know.

Measuring my current stem and saddle height, I can clearly manage with a 380mm Reverb. So does it make most sense to buy that, and save a few grams, or get the 420mm one, ‘just in case’ I change my bike (not likely) or want to sell it on (not likely)?

the 420 gives more future options, but somehow seems pointless if I’m just having 40mm more in the down tube – others must have faced the same dilemma – is there anything I’ve missed that swayed people’s views?

(and costwise, the German shops seems to be about £20 less than places here with discount codes applied, so am tending to go for simplicity and buy from crc or similar)

xcentric
    Free Member

bump

did anyone go with a shorter one and regret it?

craigxxl
    Free Member

How much seat post do have exposed from the seat collar to the saddle rails?

xcentric
    Free Member

240mm

can easily get away with a 380. I know…..

jamesco

Don’t fanny about get the most adjustment, you will not regret it.

andyl
    Free Member

Is your seat post currently set as a compromise? You may find you want to stretch yourself out a bit more when you have the ability to lower it on the fly.

Also more post in the seat tube is better for the frame and if you change frame it may be handy and it will have better resale value.

chakaping
    Free Member

I went short and don’t regret it because I have shortish legs.

My frame is pretty low slung but I’ll never be anywhere near the min insertion mark.

justatheory
    Free Member

I got the 380mm with 125mm travel. I’m 6,2″ with a large Canyon Nerve and it’s perfect, wouldn’t need it any longer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘long or short Reverb’ is closed to new replies.