Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Long Mynd Pubs
  • mikemorini
    Free Member

We’re out and about on the long Mynd this Sunday and wondered if anyone can recommend any good local pubs around the area for lunch.

Houns

http://www.theraglethinn.co.uk

Or the Green Dragon, both in Little Stretton. If the weather is nice then either book ahead/get there early

hora
    Free Member

Avoid the Station Inn. It has the atmosphere of a quiet library and isn’t overly friendly.

Pook

+1 on hora’s comment. Bang next to the campsite and bike shop but rubbish.

hora
    Free Member

We went back pook. When I walked into the pub I felt like I’d brought a ferial pitbull smeared in poo when they saw Zach with me.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

The Bridges Pub, in Bridges is usually good for a pint and a snack mid-ride, if you’re route goes out that way. Not had a proper meal there though.

somouk
    Free Member

I always use the bridges on the other side of the Mynd, it does get busy though so get there earlyish if you want a table outside.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Picnic on the Mynd would be my suggestion (assuming the weather is decent).

We had a decent pub lunch in one of the towns South-ish of Church Streton, Craven Arms I think. it was Little Stretton – Ragleith Inn

superfli
    Free Member

The Yew Tree in All Stretton has a rather eccentric landlord!

scruff
    Free Member

The Yew Tree isnt for everyone, but **** me if you can take him and give him something back its fantastic, locals are great aswell.

Station is fine, probably just didn’t like Hora. Butchers night on Friday.

Ragleth is OK but we’ve often stopped there for food and kitchen was shut so had to eat 8 bags of crisps each.

superfli
    Free Member

Me and my mate were pretty slaughtered by the time we got into Yew Tree (drinking in Church Stretton before). Enjoyed the banter and the lock in! Didnt feel great in the morning..

hora
    Free Member

Station is fine, probably just didn’t like Hora.

No we all found that. A very quiet place. Weird.

mikemorini
    Free Member

Thanks team.
    Looks like the Bridges has got the vote at the moment.

Rivett
    Free Member

+1 for the Bridges. Good beer. Good food.

YellowBelly
    Free Member

+1 for Bridges, sometimes live music on too.

Crown Inn at Wentnor for traditional pub fayre, quiet & off beaten track

binners

Is the Station Inn the one with two massive trampolines in the beer garden? If you go to that one, you can get absolutely banjaxed then attempt to do summersaults from one to another with balletic grace, at kicking out time.

hora
    Free Member

No, Station Inn is the one with the quiet/almost empty camping field next to it.

trambler

There last weekend, used the Ragleith in the evening, really busy food wise but decent. Stopped at the Bucks Head in Church Stretton Saturday lunch, good beer/food & landlord couldn’t care less about muddy kit etc, good beer garden etc.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

It’s a slight trek (i.e. drive or ride) through the lanes from Stretton but the Royal Oak at Cardington is good.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd Pubs’ is closed to new replies.