Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Long Mynd / Church Stretton etc etc
  • shanta
    Free Member

Planning a weekend up Long Mynd but not sure of what available. Been once before and did a loop that went up by the Glider club. Would like to do Stripertones and the like but not sure where to pick up the trail. Can anyone help please?

somouk
    Free Member

You can get from stipers to the mynd and visa vera pretty easy. Get yourself the long mynd and wenlock edge OS map and just pick some tracks, they’re all well used and pretty clear.

I often park at ‘The Bog’ and ride up and over stipers, onto the mynd, across the top, down the minton batch descent then back up over the gliding club, down to the three horse shoes for lunch then back up and over stipers. 3000 ft of climbing mind.

Trimix
    Free Member

This is the place to start from. Good bike shop, Pub, local knowledge and maps. Brilliant campsite as well :http://www.mtb-shropshire.co.uk

Or read this : http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-mountain-bike-centre-in-shropshire-on-the-long-mynd

shanta
    Free Member

Timix – thats where we are staying in the pods…

shanta
    Free Member

Dont fancy stopping ever 5 secs to faff with OS maps so does anyone fancy meeting up on Sat 25th at Blazing Bikes to show us whats round Stiperstones, Minton, Devils Chair etc etc ?

DaddyCool
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Yes come down to Blazing Bikes, we can give you route advice and a trail map. Most of the trails on the Long Mynd are way marked so map reading isn’t too much of an issue.

Looking forward to seeing you all down here.

Cheers

Mounty_73

We have a group ride planned on Sunday 26th if that’s any good for you ?

Speshpaul

The horseshoes’s at Ratlinghope is currently shut and being refitted, so don’t count on getting dinner there. The cafe at the bog is open and doing great tea and cakes.

swoosh
    Free Member

Can anyone advise me one where ‘The Bog’ is? I’m planning on going in August so would be good to know where the good cafes are.

This is the route we are planning to do: This one

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Shanta, as Mounty says your welcome to join our group ride on the 26th and save yourself the bother of map reading.

Speshpaul

Swoosh, the cafe at the bog is the other side of the stiperstones, so no use to you on that route.

shanta
    Free Member

Puddle-rider, thanks for the invite. Plan is to head home sunday morning – At the moment…..

Got a few other lads with us now as well.

rootes1

Old early 90’s Mid Shropshire Wheelers Sunday ride…

Start Brooklands Pub Car Park, Meole Brace (shrewsbury) ride out VIA condover. Over Lawley, over Caer Caradoc, into stretton get food, over mynd, over stiperstones, jumps at whitegrit then back over Lyth Hill and home… proper ride

swoosh
    Free Member

Is there plenty of parking at Blazing Bikes? I think there might be a fair few of us coming on our ride now (i.e. more than 10 riders). Or is there somewhere else in Marshbrook or close by that we can all park?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Bear in mind that the CRC Marathon is in that area this weekend:

http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/events/marshbrook.php

So might be a bit busy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd / Church Stretton etc etc’ is closed to new replies.