Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long mynd/ church stretton..?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Never been before. Are there any routes there that are not killers. Going with a couple of mates who want to ease there way back into the saddle.

Any routes out there, places to park and eat ect…?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

pretty much every route starts with a monster climb

mudshark
    Free Member

My parents live in Church Stretton and I seem to remember thinking that the easiest way up I’d seen was from All Stretton – this may be on the road.

shinsplints

what neilsonwheels said.

walleater

What mrmichaelwright said.

shinsplints

ditto – that’s what I meant to say before ! LOL

Rollo
    Free Member

A favourite route of mine is to park up the all stretton end, up by the Jinlye guest house (google it ti fin where it is) I think this near gog batch. From here you are half way up the mynd, leaving a steady climb up to the top, rather than the lung busting haul up cardingmill or similar.

Bear left at the top, follow the ridge up to the trig pillar and keep heading south to just before the glider club. Left again and drop down Minton Bathc (you will need a map here, it’s well hidden). Follow the batch out to the road and bear right aong the B road. Right at the small cross roads at the farm advertising doves (i think..) and up the hill. Bear right up the forestry track and get comfy, you will winch your way up to the top on this track. It is the easiest way to get to the top of the mynd IMO, but still a fair old grind. This will bring you up just south of the glider club, go right (north ish) along the ridge past where you dropped down Minton batch and either retrace your tracks back, or if you fancy another loop drop down Stan Batch and pack up the next track north. Dropping back to the cars stay right and take the path that goes behind the guest house, its a corker! You can carry on over the road and down to the next road of you have energy left and then swing left and follow the road back round to the car park.

This is a good fun ride for a couple of hours, depending how many forrays down the mynd you fancy.

Enjoy!

Rollo
    Free Member

For food try the three bridges pub near ratlinghope, great chips! Mybe this is a good stop after dropping iff Stan Batch.

watly_biker
    Free Member

I always found going to Little Stretton, through Minton, along the road for a couple of miles and then right at T juntion up through the woods- long but not silly steep climb – that comes out by the gliding station. Then along the top to Pole bank and down to Jinlye/Batch valley and All Stretton, (or even down Cardingmill if you don’t mind the walkers going up and wan’t a shorter route).
    Minton batch is great too but that would be a short ride if you go up from past Minton.
    Pubs in Little Stretton and All Stretton,NT tea shop in Cardingmill Valley and loads of tea shops in Town.
    You could park in Little stretton and finish with lunch in the Ragleth or Green dragon ? – or there is a pay and display in the town centre.
    IMO all other ways up are a real grind.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long mynd/ church stretton..?’ is closed to new replies.