Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Long Mynd / Cannock / somewhere else this weekend?
  • Garry_Lager

In Telford this w/e with the bike and thinking of places to ride – anyone know how the Mynd is looking right now?
    If it’s riding a bit rough with the weather, I was thinking Cannock Chase might be a better bet. I’ve never ridden there, though, so don’t know what it’s like with the rain and snow etc. Good bet for this weekend would you say?

Scamper
    Free Member

Cannock trails hold up relatively well in all weather as it drains well. You may need a local to guide you through the apparently DANGEROUS braking bumps mind. 😉

Mynd etc looked to have a bit of snow on the tops on my drive to work this morning?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Was over Cannock yesterday. Very wet and no-one else there! Had a great time. Haven’t been there for a couple of years. Like the new trails.

What about up and round the Wrekin if you’re in Telford?

(I’m in Newport and new to the area so some other suggestions would be nice!)

xcentric
    Free Member

sorry for slight hijack, but have you got a guide to routes on the Wrekin?

plushhill
    Free Member

Its Snowing on the Long Mynd right now, the Mynd is not best for winter as its very exposed. You should try Eastridge, out of the weather and nowhere near as busy or as flat as cannock
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/eastridgeWoodsPanel_2011_final.pdf/$FILE/eastridgeWoodsPanel_2011_final.pdf

singlespeedstu

Garry.

I can show you round some local stuff near Kinver.
    It’s only half hour or so from Telford.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Wyre forest isn’t a million miles away – you’d need a guide though!

LeeW

If you’re going out tomorrow Stu can I tag along?

Garry_Lager

Garry.

I can show you round some local stuff near Kinver.
    It’s only half hour or so from Telford. Nice one Stu – I was going to go out tomorrow if that suits? I’ll drop you an email.

singlespeedstu

No problem anyones welcome.

LeeW

When and where are you meeting?

singlespeedstu

Don’t know yet. But I’m easy on.

Drop us an email and i’ll let you know when Garrys been in touch.

tomaso
    Free Member

The Wrekin!

singlespeedstu

The Wrekin would be a propper mudbath in this weather. 😉

Speshpaul

Warning re: Eastridge, i’ve been told it gets a mention in mbr this month, so it will be busy at the weekend:-)

The Mynd is good under foot/wheel in the winter but as per plushills says theres no cover up there. (last winter i span out of gears – 44/11 going up hill, now thats windy)

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, big Piece on Eastridge. Crummy pics, mind.

Speshpaul

Shame really the place isn’t big enough to support a lot of riders, but hey if you take the FC’s Shilling then they will want their PR pound of flesh:-)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd / Cannock / somewhere else this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.