• This topic has 46 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Long Mynd B&Bs and tech level
  • walleater

Nick, the North side. I’ve now idea what the last bit is like now but BITD (circa 1865…..) the final super steep section was really grippy so if you conserved your energy on the rest of the climb (which is pretty segmented anyway) you could just go balls out on the final one. Even when I was super fit I’d be feeling pretty woozy after getting up it! I’d never thought about trying it from the south side, but we’d always be riding out from Shrewsbury and the route would normally be Lawley, Caradoc, Mynd, Stiperstones and back.

Good morning Scruff. It was only the Mid Shropshire Wheelers which pretty well covered the flattest part of Shropshire 😀

walleater

Caradoc pretty well sucked to be honest. It was just a big grunt up and I can’t remember much about the descent either other than it being steep near the bottom. You can ride around the Lawley offroad but I can’t remember if you can ride around Caradoc?

Nick

Well I don’t think you should ride around Caradoc but you know how it goes 🙂

Allegedly there’s a nice long techy bit of trail all along the A49 side..

I had heard of people making it to the top from the North but certainly have never ever managed it! Definately harder than CMV.

scruff
    Free Member

Afternoon Will.

You can ride round the back of Caradoc, in October we went over to Cardington and back then went down the greenlane road thing, was quite good fun.

singlespeedstu

maxtorque – Member

Has anyone got up the Carding Mill climb, taking the rhs turn halfway up (valley line below Haddon hill), without stopping or putting a foot down?

Yep cleaned it a few times.
    cleared

Scamper
    Free Member

Would not look possible from a distance but caradoc not to bad to get up via a steep track and a few ways down depending on how steep and or fast you want to go. Nice to link the trails around and over it with those at hope bowler hill and a pint in carding ton.

Nick

The nicest bit isn’t round the back, it’s on the A49 side

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd B&Bs and tech level’ is closed to new replies.