Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Long haul with Kids (2 + 4)
  • marcus
    Free Member

In addition to aisle skittles, touch the fat person and hide & seak, lets have your suggestions for good, (small, light, cheap) games / entertainment to play on a 12 hour flight.

hels
    Free Member

The How Many Sleeping Pills Can Be Swallowed game ?

That’s my personal fave for long haul flights.

RoterStern
    Free Member

For the older child how about a portable DVD player with headphones which gives you more time to concentrate on keeping the younger one buys.

fasthaggis

Long ago we used books,but now (if you have one )you can use a tablet,kids still love stories.
    Sheets of paper and a game called scribbles.Do a random scribble (without trying too hard)then the other person has to make a work of art from it.Your fallback is in flight movies + drugs. 😀

breatheeasy
    Free Member

See who can suck a sweet for the longest….

monkey_boy
    Free Member

just come back from a week in spain with our 2 year old (against my better judgement) was only a 2 hr 30min flight…. that was bad enough!

you must be insane to take a child that young long haul 😉

oh by the way we got a protable dvd player which helped loads!

mintimperial

Sticker books, dot-to-dot books and smartphone game apps kept my 4yo mostly entertained during an extended balls-up by EasyJet whereby we spent a good 8 hours sat around Geneva airport with nothing to do.

I also strongly recommend those Trunki wheely case things, they’re absolutely **** brilliant for transporting a stroppy kid around a large terminal.

johndoh
    Free Member

Interested in answers here too – got a flight to LA coming up with two kids of a similar age.

I might just upgrade myself to First class and leave my wife to look after them by herself.

🙂

GrahamS

For the older child how about a portable DVD player with headphones

+1 they cost surprisingly little these days. Some have SD slots so you can carry a whole stack of movies without lugging DVDs around. Keeps our 2.5yo occupied on long journeys.

mogrim

Get a tablet, the mix of movies and games would be a lot better than just films.

marcus
    Free Member

Books / reading was at the top of the list. – Not sure how many times I can read Cinderalla and Sleeping Beauty before falling asleep though. Stickers and making paper models seemed like a good idea until I remembered i would need to get the glue and scissors through security. Sounds like the planes have a pretty good ‘entertainment system’ with plenty of videos and computer games etc. which will help as well. – I’m just aware that its a long time to sit still (ish)

IHN

Or as others have said, little DVD player.

GrahamS

Medised? Pffffft…

Available from any good bad vet. 😀

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Sticker books
    Reading books
    little toys (cars etc)
    in flight movies

but above all, book a night flight. Get the kids to the airport, let them run around like crazy things, eat some food, get on plane. Sleep 🙂

damo2576
    Free Member

On a serious note, what sleeping pills can you give a 3 year old?

GrahamS

Another fun game is “how long can you spend kicking the back of the chair in front of you before its occupant goes mental?”

Kids love that one. 😀

mcboo
    Free Member

On a serious note, what sleeping pills can you give a 3 year old?

Serious as in you’re serious?

mcboo
    Free Member

Dont know your route but flying Singapore Airlines in Economy or Business is the answer where practical. Lovely staff, good food and the best in-flight entertainment around. More bang up to date films than you can watch in one flight, tons of games for the kids to play. It isnt stellar parenting letting them sit glued to a screen for 13hrs but it’s the least painful option and you can return to being superdad once you land.

jp-t853

DVD’s, a small toy each bought from the airport shops and sleep are the best if you can pull it off.

I have found staying relaxed and stress free yourself is the most important part of keeping kids placid on a flight. They will quickly feed off your stress and then the spiral starts.

johndoh
    Free Member

Mediced is meant to be very good *but* a small number of children have an opposite reaction and it can make them hyper-active and sleepless – so if you are considering it, test beforehand on your kids.

johndoh
    Free Member

Mediced is meant to be very good *but* a small number of children have an opposite reaction and it can make them hyper-active and sleepless – so if you are considering it, test beforehand on your kids.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Long haul with Kids (2 + 4)’ is closed to new replies.