Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Long fingered road gloves?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Is there such a thing?

All the long fingered roadie gloves, seem to be of the insulated thicker variety…

or is it daft?, just wear long fingered minimal MTB gloves.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wear 661 Rajis for a lot of my road rides.

Nobody has judged me for it yet. At least not to my knowledge.

DezB
    Free Member

661 Rajis

Strange man.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    661 Rajis

Strange man.

Indeed. Should be Troy Lee XCs, as any fule kno.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Castelli have some thing long-finger gloves.

I run the Spesh BG (Ridge?) which are pretty thin on the backs, but with some ulnar support on the palms

Kryton57

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Indeed. Should be Troy Lee XCs, as any fule kno.

+1

johnellison
    Free Member

Indeed. Should be Troy Lee XCs, as any fule kno

This +1. Only Fotherington-Thomas would wear Rajis. He are wet and a weed, he go skipping weedily by.

Gary_M
    Free Member

There are loads. I have a quite a few pairs of unpadded ones, Castelli Diluvio are great on cold days. Have a look on the Castelli website as they have a few different pairs.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I like the look of the Castelli super nano’s but £50 is too steep for me

Could be the Troy Lee route is a goer for just £17

How do Troy Lee’s size up?

For ref, i’m a large in fox, XL in 661.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I like the look of the Castelli super nano’s but £50 is too steep for me

I won’t point you in the direction of the rapha ones then 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

or is it daft?, just wear long fingered minimal MTB gloves.

this for me. I wear thin minimalist long fingers on the MTB (no gnarr knuckle armour, no palm padding) all year round, and wear the same on the road bike. My £6-from-CRC Konas are being to die, just got some thin pearl izumi Impacts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He are wet and a weed, he go skipping weedily by.

😆

buck53

Decathlon do them, that’s where mine are from.

Gutterball
    Free Member

Prendas?

I had the short fingered ones and liked them, till the padding on the palm burst open. To be fair, I think I needed a bigger size.

mrhoppy

Planet-x Flanders arrived today which I’m hoping should do the job as a cool weather set, made out of soft shell material so wind and slightly waterproof but not too bulky.

stumpy01

I’ve wondered whether there are specific road gloves. Only because the stretched forward position means I seem to be pushing my thumbs through the ends of the gloves and have already knackered a pair of Specialized Ridge gloves. I could do with finding some similar sized gloves, just with marginally longer fingers.

DanW
    Free Member

I like a good fitting neoprene glove for Winter riding on whatever bike 😀 Warm, waterproof, thin enough to still “feel” the controls… perfect IMO 😀

scotroutes

Dunno what model they are but I use some Endura gloves for cooler-weather road rides.

Edit: Full Montys

Bazz

Check out the Planet X range, loads of different ones all at exceptional prices as well. I’ve been using them for the past year and a bit and i can honestly say they are the best cycling gloves i have used to date, and seeing as i commute all year round i usually get through a few pairs.

mereditp
    Free Member

I use the Gore Xenon Long gloves Gore Xenon

Quite thin and cool, definitely not great for wintry riding, but I just prefer to use full fingered gloves through the summer so these suit me a treat.

samuri
    Free Member

I usually just buy whatever mtg gloves are on clearance one in of the websites.
    Don’t care if they’re armoured or not. I already look like a knob in my cycling gear, the gloves wontvchange anything.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I got some planet X ones a month ago for a tenner and they are the best long finger gloves I have had.

John

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Long fingered road gloves?’ is closed to new replies.