Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long easy car free bike route in the north west?
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m asking if there are any longish easy car free bike routes in the north west for my wife to ride.She has ridden the longdendale trail Hadfiield to the tunnel 10 k ( she can do this fairly easily )and Smithy Bridge to Hebden Bridge on the tow path ( she didn’t like the tow path much )18k oand would like to go further.She doesn’t like roads with cars or hills any ideas? I really want to encourage her to keep riding but don’t know anywhere else to go.Thanks Ed

sambob
    Free Member

High Peak trail? runs from Buxton down to Cromford

Junkyard
    Free Member

Preston Guild wheel has only two real hills on it but its too long for you [ and has some very minor roads on it]

If you do the River Ribble section its all flat as it follows the river- there and back is about 12-15 miles ish.

Blackpool to Fleetwood on the Promenade – not ridden that one

Lancaster was a cycling ity not sure what is up that way though

Trans pennine trail is flat from Manchester to Liverpool – probably not very scenic though

jekkyl

yeah high peak trail or the monsall tril would suit, dunno if you would class either as in the northwest though. Plenty of decent mtbing in both areas if you want to let her do her own thing and go and have some fun. 😉

Ed2001
    Free Member

Thanks Looks like some good suggestions to keep her riding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long easy car free bike route in the north west?’ is closed to new replies.