Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Long drop seatposts- FIGHT!
  • Northwind

Just got a refund for my 170mm Reverb, after 2 warranty replacements. Now I don’t hate the reverb but tbf I bought it early at a high price and it’s a year into its warranty so tactically, a refund was a no-brainer. But should I get another, or look elsewhere?

The 3 options for 170mm+ I know of are:

The Reverb. Known, somewhat unreliable but generally OK quantity. I know the internals reasonably well, I know it fits, all that good stuff. £205 after BC discount, that’s the baseline. The remote is pish, but I have a Novy remote that I can either put on this or the 150mm one in my fatbike.

KS Lev Integra- I have an ancient i950 which has done me proud… This gets me 5mm extra, woo! Don’t know about reliability these days, I know early Levs were, uh, suboptimal. £300 after discounts is the best I can find.

Lev Integra Ci- the carbon one. £400, I’m a weight weenie but that’s a lot of money for I think about 80g!

9point8 Fall Line- comes in 175mm and 200mm, £440. Too expensive really. I’d need to shim it and I know the 150mm was spectacularly unreliable for some people.

Wildcard- Vecnum Moveloc is back on sale, 389 euros- light, 170 or 200mm drop but I think it’s possibly slightly too much stack to fit the 200mm.

Anything else? The reverb’s the simple option really…

teethgrinder

The revive? Only 160mm though.

this bad boy

dumbbot
    Free Member

Crank brothers highline 160mm for £250,..I really like my 125mm (so far)

Northwind

Hmm. I actually hadn’t thought about going shorter, don’t really want to tbh but it could make sense…

damascus
    Free Member

Reverb. Buy it, use it, warranty it, repeat!

chickenman

Eight Pins droppers go up to 220mm drop; integrated into the frame mind you!

al2000

Revive 160, had mine for nearly six months now, can’t fault it.

frood
    Free Member

I’m liking the revive too, easy install, lovely action. remote is miles better than the reverb.

jamj1974
    Goldigger
    Free Member

Crank brothers highline 160mm can be had for €250/£203 delivered
    Bike-components.de

Not the lightest at 610g? (Includes remote and cables.)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Fox transfer?

vinnyeh

Are you an outlier Northwind or are the long drops a bit less reliable?
    I’ve specced a 170mm Reverb on my new bike, and am getting a bit coldfeetish about the idea-

Northwind

Both failures were the IFP/sag thing so I don’t think that’s length related, my 150mm did it too.

Thing is, they’re really not big failures- I could fix it myself, but Rockshox replace things that could be fixed. If it was out of warranty I’d still be using it happily. And it failed really soft, too- I could just keep riding. So I’m not put off really and I think there’s a good chance I just get another. The long drop really is worth it for me.

Cheers folks, I think I’ll stay off the slightly shorter options, even though they might be the smarter option

lawman91

Stick with the reverb but get one with the new 1x remote. By far and away the best post I’ve used and the remote is exceptional.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Vinny, I think the only added failure mode with a longer post is bushing wear due to the extra leverage. I’d quite like a 170, reckon it would *just* fit my Bronson.

Northwind

Hold my pint

<buys another reverb>

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’ve just got a new 150mm Reverb with the 1x remote. The new remote is totally awesome, it feels great.

Northwind

The new remote does look good but it’s cheaper to buy an old-style reverb just now and then add the remote. I’ve already got a Novyparts I can put on it though so that’s all covered. The stock remote is proper shit.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Also got a Revive, but seem to be using the “revive” function all to often. Apart from that it’s pretty good.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Long drop seatposts- FIGHT!’ is closed to new replies.