Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Long (compression) running socks – useful or snake oil?
  • geoffj

Anyone use them? I’m slowly increasing my mileage and beginning to feel it in the calves at night following a run. Are these going to help? I’ll give them a try, even if I will look like (more of) a tit (than usual) in them if they are any use.

Whaddya think?

pirahna
    Free Member

I bought a pair when I had my varicose veins done. I wore both on the same leg, much better than the compression sock from the hospital.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I wear the Compressport calf guards for running in and then compression tights post long run. I’m unsure whether the calf guards work, but I know the tights do post running and therefore I imagine the calf guards do!

somouk
    Free Member

I have some 1000 mile ones and they do seem to help blood flow around my ankles.

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ve used calf guards for post running recovery. I was warned against the socks as my calfs were small in comparison to my feet so they would have been too slack. I got measures in the shop so I made sure I got the correct size.
    I’ve never run in them. I’ve been to some triathlons where they’ve been banned.
    As above I just use them for post run recovery along with a session on the foam roller which normally brings tears to my eyes!!

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Long (compression) running socks – useful or snake oil?’ is closed to new replies.