Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Long bib tights for summer
  • womp
    Free Member

I have some bad scarring and skin grafts on my legs and often use bandages so I’m after some long bib shorts for summer use, everything I’ve seen in my LBS is fleece lined, any recomendations on some thinner long bibs?

Ive had a look online but it’s hard to tell if they are lined

Ill be using them for century rides so I’m happy to pay a bit more for a good set with a good pad.

scotroutes

In typical STW response – have you considered leg warmers. They are available in a thin lycra-only style as well as the thicker roubaix-style.

womp
    Free Member

Yes I tried that first, I have a couple of sets of leg warmers but find they move about and I’m always adjusting them them as they ride down, I can manage for 20miles but anymore and it’s a PITA, they are decent north wave and castelli ones so I’m guessing they just don’t suit my chicken legs

tang
    Free Member

I’ve got some burn scars on my legs and arms that I’ve got to keep covered for a while and have been using Castelli spf 50 warmers. Really thin and have done the job so far. I’ve fairly slim legs and Castelli medium are fine, no slippage.

senorj

I have some 3/4 bibs which are fairly thin, you could combine those with support length socks to cover your whole leg.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Mt500

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I have some of the wiggle basics bib tights. They’re not fleece lined, I’ve not used them since the weather got warmer so I can’t comment on how they would be in the summer. The pad isn’t the thickest but they were comfortable for all my long rides (up to 80 miles on the road).

jim
    Free Member

Mt500

Too thick for summer imho.

Pair of running tights plus padded shorts?

carlos
    Free Member

Pair of running tights plus padded shorts?

This would be my choice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Long bib tights for summer’ is closed to new replies.