Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Long (as in multi-day) running races over the winter
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Just found out I can’t do the OMM this year as I will be in Oz for most of October. Shame, but there we go 😉
    What else of this ilk is there between Nov and Feb? Preferably in the UK but Ireland considered too. A navigation/orienteering element would also be prefered and if it can be done in pairs/teams that would be ideal.

surfer
    Free Member
    29erKeith
    Free Member

more here too
    a lot of team AR\multi sport stuff but fell stuff on too

This looks good
    I might be doing this myself with a mate, depends on if his other partner recovers from injury in time

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BadlyWiredDog

The Spine Race – http://thespinerace.com – mate has done the first two and it’s hard… There’s also a shorter Challenger version which goes from Edale to Hawes.

andrewh
    Free Member

Nice one guys.
    That second one of yours is looking good Keith, I’ll have a word with my team-mate. (Had to let her down as I can’t do the OMM which she wanted to do, need to find a replacement event!)
    The Spine also looks good, but might need to build up to that…
    Had a look at your links surfer, not very serchable but I did find The Piece of String. That could be a solo effort at some point.

djtom
    Free Member

I did Dark Mountains this year. Epic race – probably the worst conditions that I have ever raced in. 20% of linear course teams finished and only 50% of score course teams. I loved it, but highly recommend that you practice some night nav first….!

djtom
    Free Member

Good race listing site here as well: RacingSnakes

surfer
    Free Member

You could also look at the LDWA site some of the paths look fun days out. I ran the 27 miles (a bit added on) from Delamere to Frodsham a few weeks ago as a recce for the Sandstone trail. Havent got around to doing the full thing yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Long (as in multi-day) running races over the winter’ is closed to new replies.