Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Londoners – Eatery recommendations
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Gonna be in the big smoke on Friday, will need somewhere to eat in the evening. Ideally somewhere between Euston Rd to below Oxford St, and nothing to elaborate/expensive/requires booking as travel arrangements are fluid!

TIA

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

There are at least hundreds, if not thousands of places to eat in that area, so you might have to be a bit more specific.

Two I like:

Pitt Cue Co., Newburgh Street – American Barbecue, often a big queue.
    Hare & Tortoise, Brunswick Centre – Japanese/Malay, generally a smaller queue.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

There are at least hundreds, if not thousands of places to eat in that area, so you might have to be a bit more specific.

Indeed, I realise this could be a problem 😳 Pub food will be fine (in fact a decent pint would be nice), though we’ll eat anything – I guess I am after places that are likely to be less busy/slightly off the main thouroughfares. I realise this doesn’t really narrow it down any…..

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Bree Louise by Euston Station has good beer and ok pub food. Its also close to Drummond Street, which has a lot of decent curry houses.

The Harp, Chandos Place, near Covent Garden/Trafalgar Square also has a good range of beers, but I dont think it serves food. Loads of stuff around Covent Garden though, but sometimes a bit pricey for what you get.

Somers Town Coffee House on Chalton Street between Euston and the British Library isn’t in the poshest of locations but does good food and normally has a couple of good beers on.

A lot of the pubs in the area do cater to the after work drinkers and the tourists, but I’m sure there must be some other good ones about that I haven’t been to.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply – that’s a good list. Default option was Covent Garden, hence canvassing for other possibilities

Hobster
    Free Member

For some ideas on pubs take a look at http://www.fancyapint.co.uk

Food wise if you like mexican Wahaca (Covent Garden or Wardour St) is reasonable and you don’t need to book.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

between Euston Rd to below Oxford St, and nothing to elaborate/expensive/requires booking as travel arrangements are fluid!

Can’t beat the experience that is Won Kei and it meets the requirements!

beanum

I can recommend “Suze in Mayfair” – it’s off Oxford Street, on the corner with Selfridges. It’s all Aussie, Kiwi food with Mac’s Gold on tap.. 😀

theteaboy
    Free Member

Bali Bali on Shaftesbury Ave is great. The Beef Rendang is amazing.

atlaz
    Free Member

Can’t beat the experience that is Won Kei and it meets the requirements

I do remember them getting shut down for what they told me was “financial irregularities” but I know for a fact that unless they had rats in the kitchen doing the books, it was more down to hygiene. That said, I’ve been back loads of times and never once been poisoned, the food is decent and quick too.

Other places I like for reasonably quick eats:
    1, Bodeans – Poland Street (close to Oxford Circus). American style BBQ
    2, Busabi Eatthai – Wardour Street
    3, Wahaka – Covent Garden. Mexican that, whilst not as good as it should be (and not as good as Taqueria in Notting Hill) is still decent

Oh and for REALLY cheap food, go to ECO pizza (there’s a couple in the centre). Cheap, quick and good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Londoners – Eatery recommendations’ is closed to new replies.