Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • londoners
  • swiss01
    Free Member

advice required

i need to have my oh’s mum getting from mitcham to gatwick for 0730 on tuesday morning. bearing in mind the weather/public transport and definitely not forgetting that random element that is old lady content what’s the best way for me to advise the old dear to get to the plane on time?

many thanks

qwerty
    Free Member

overnight stay on the eve of the flight in a hotel at the airport = sorted

flip
    Free Member

I’d find out if the flight is departing first, sounds like chaos there at the moment.

catfood
    Free Member

..and I reckon the hotel there may be a tad busy.

5AM
    Free Member

If you are talking tomorrow morning that flight may not happen. Currently snowing in Reading and Basingstoke and Gatwick/Surrey areas been getting it much worse than there.

kilo

In the unlikely event of her plane departing a mini cab is the easiest way from Mitcham to Gatwick at that time. It’s not a particuarly long or complicated route and at the moment most of the main roads around Micham are ok, that said it is now snowing again. There is no decent BR link at Mitcham town centre (taht’s a very flattering term for the centre of Mitcham) to get you on the Gatwick line

schnullelieber
    Free Member

If you have to go public transport I’d suggest the Tram from mitcham or mitcham junction to East Croydon, train to gatwick. The trams haven’t been stopped by the snow so far this year – overhead powerlines seem more resilient than a third rail. The train, of course, may be a gamble!

swiss01
    Free Member

thanks for all the prompt advice and info.

plane not cancelled as yet so going to pack the old dear in a taxi early doors and hope for the best

failing that maybe have to get her on a train to here (he said laughingly!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘londoners’ is closed to new replies.