Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Londoner parents – Science or Nat Hist museum with a nearly three yr old?
  • clubber
    Free Member

Planning to go to one or the other this morning. Any suggestions on which? Haven’t been for years – in fact not since I was a kid….

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Science I reckon, might be some hands on stuff there for the nipper.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im 24 and i still love the science museum!!

i can remember going there every year for the last 20 years!!

they will love it and so will you!!

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m thinking. I loved it when I was a kid – we went at least once a fortnight.

Amos
    Free Member

We go each time we’re up in London normally base our decision on the one with the shortest queue! Though Tbh my 3 year old girl only ever wants to see “ranersourus rex”. So the science museum is probably a better choice and there’s a kids play area down stairs which they love

midlifecrashes

Either will be good, but at 3 I’d say Nat Hist, better jungle theme cafe too than the pretentious neon place in Science.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe a DVD instead?

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’d say Science purely because of the hands on stuff and it’s a bit less crowded. But at 3 yo I think either is a marginal experience.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Either would be good for the wee chap.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Both will be busy as its half term, but our 4 year olds got a bit bored at the Nat Hist – Science museum when they were 8 was much better.

clubber
    Free Member

Did both in the end. Both good. Thanks all.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

V+A. Get some culture into their little minds. None of this dinosaurs and steam engines nonsense…

clubber
    Free Member

No chance. I remember how much I hated being dragged around the v&a.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah well that’s why you’re a philistine now, innit? If you’d paid attention, then you might be the dashing, sexy, erudite and urbane character that I am… 😉

I remember me mum dragging me round the V+A.

‘Can we go to see the dinosaurs please mum?’

‘No come and see this beautiful pot made in 12th century China (or whatever).’

😥

Funny that I now love the V+A!

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmm. Funnily enough my mum owns some of the stuff displayed at the v&a. Still find most of it dull I’m afraid.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Your mum owns museum pieces?

Nice investment.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nice investment.

Do you only see history, art and culture in terms of monetary value?

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t think they’re particularly valuable, just rare. A bit like owning some old unusual sized bolts for retro bike stuff 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I thought that too, Clubber.

One of my favourite museums, the V+A Museum of Childhood, has stuff in it that I’ve actually owned. So probbly not really all that ‘valuable’. Still culturally significant, nonetheless.

The V+A once had an exhibition about computers, including the same iMac as I still possess. It’s worth **** all though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Do you only see history, art and culture in terms of monetary value?

Yes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wrong answer. You’ll have to come up with something that surprises me, Kingtit.

Don’t give yerself a hernia straining, though.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Natural history without question. My girl found the science mueseum dull at 5.

wors

None of this dinosaurs and steam engines nonsense…

How very dare you, steam is king!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

You know what, I may very well go up to South Ken next week, have a mooch around the museums. Nice little cafe by the station does nice pizzas.

All that culture in one place. London rawks and youse know it….

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Londoner parents – Science or Nat Hist museum with a nearly three yr old?’ is closed to new replies.