Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • London tube strike and Boris bikes
  • geoffj

Lots of newbies on boris bikes meandering around town, annoying regular cycle commuters, taxi and bus drivers alike.

Probably a good thing for them in the long run, but I suspect there might be a few hospitalisations as a result.

Lets here your travel nightmares in that there London village today.

allthepies
    Free Member

I walked from Waterloo to the office. Normally use a BorisBike and there were loads available at Waterloo this morning but I thought the the other end of the journey would have no spaces. Wrong! Lots of spaces available so could have biked it. Only 20 mins walk though so no probs 🙂

kimbers

now i must admit im an occasional red light jumper, but id like to think only when its genuinely safe to do so

this mornings cyclists were on a whole different level however, none were on hire bikes that i saw, old racers and some singlespeeds but wobbling into traffic, jumping lights, scaring peds on the pavement,

rewski
    Free Member

Yes a lot of new riders out today, being a regular for some years now I’ve seen some pretty horrific cycling and driving, sometimes by myself, split second wrong decision etc. I used to get a bit naffed with new riders or fair weather riders but now I think good luck to them and give plenty of space and even slow down a bit, it’s not a race. What I will say is over the past year or so drivers (even black cabbies and bus drivers) have been more polite and genial, I think they now realise that cycling in the city is the future and is here to stay, for the summer months at least.

The main issue now is pedestrians meandering into the road sending text messages.

kimbers

What I will say is over the past year or so drivers (even black cabbies and bus drivers) have been more polite and genial, I think they now realise that cycling in the city is the future and is here to stay, for the summer months at least.

The main issue now is pedestrians meandering into the road sending text messages.

id definately agree, however in the downpoor on the way home on friday i had a woman in a range rover nearly take me out , she was turning accross teh traffic and i was hooning down the cycle lane on the inside, she stopped, wound down her window and lectured me on not paying attention!

simon_g

Didn’t see many boris bikes at all this morning, but lots of people who clearly don’t cycle much being a liability though.

I rode down to Farringdon – closed. Rode down to City Thameslink and waited 40 mins as service after service was delayed or cancelled. Got on a train heading for Sutton, which got as far as Wimbledon before they changed it to be a Luton service. No sign of another train so got on my bike again and rode the last 6 miles. Nearly doubled my regular commute time and I wasn’t even using the tube.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘London tube strike and Boris bikes’ is closed to new replies.