Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • London travel help?
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Flying into Heathrow Terminal 1 next Friday at 9pm and need to get to Gerards Cross SL9 7, went to Addison Lee and was quoted £53 for a cab so they can get stuffed, anyone know the best way on train or bus? Cheers

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

seems there are 2 buses at least that will go there

740/A40: operated by Carousel Buses
    Route: High Wycombe – Wycombe Marsh – Loudwater – Holtspur – Beaconsfield – GERRARDS CROSS – Denham – Uxbridge – Heathrow Airport

A30: operated by Carousel Buses
    Route: Chesham – Amersham – Chalfont St Giles – Chalfont St Peter – GERRARDS CROSS – Denham – Uxbridge – Heathrow Airport

brooess
    Free Member

Tfl journey planner is your friend

Heathrow Express into Paddington = £15. Heathrow Connect is cheaper. Piccadilly line is cheapest
    Then it’s Circle Line along to Marylebone
    And from there to Gerrard’s Cross.
    May not be a lot cheaper than the cab when you add it all up…

wisepranker
    Free Member

If you head to the Central Bus Station at Heathrow, it’s a couple of minute walk from T1, you can get the A40 bus to Gerrards Cross. Probably cost about £3-4.

If you need a cab, don’t use a black cab as they’ll charge you £80+, try getting a price from Green Tomato Cars.

Albanach
    Free Member

Lads, you’re all gents! Cheers!

crazy-legs

Heathrow Express into Paddington = £15. Heathrow Connect is cheaper. Piccadilly line is cheapest
    Then it’s Circle Line along to Marylebone
    And from there to Gerrard’s Cross.
    May not be a lot cheaper than the cab when you add it all up…

WTF?
    Gerrards Cross is about 15km NW of Heathrow, why would you go from Heathrow, east INTO London then all the way back out again??

TfL journey planner is, IME, utterly useless.

Get the A40 bus from Heathrow, takes about 30 minutes.

popstar
    Free Member

I doubt blackcab costs £80+. It deff would be around £40-£50 mark. If OP isn’t travelling alone and with a lot of luggage even bus could cost more than a taxi.

ononeorange

Popstar – I (politely) beg to differ. I had a flight cancelled on me at Heathrow and had to get a black cab back home – I live in the next town to Gerrards Cross. Admittedly late but it was over a hundered quid a couple of years ago.

My local cab firm (Tudor Cars in Chorleywood 01923 774466) will pick me up from Heathrow for about 40 quid. They’re nice people and very reliable.

br
    Free Member

So arrive at 9pm and get out sometime upto 11pm…, are buses still running?

I’d contact the local (Gerrards Cross) cab firm.

tbh Whichever cab firm you use, while its a max 30 min journey (at that time) they could also be waiting 30 minutes for you to clear customs etc.

tonyg2003

Ring a taxi company in Gerrards Cross and ask for an airport pick up price?

wisepranker
    Free Member

So arrive at 9pm and get out sometime upto 11pm…, are buses still running?

It doesn’t usually take long to clear customs at T1 at that time of the day, there’s very few arrivals that late.
    If you’re coming in on a domestic flight, you’ll be out in next to no time.

The buses run well into the early hours as they are used a lot by airport staff to commute.

Albanach
    Free Member

Arriving in from Ireland with one item of sports luggage plus carry on. Will chance the bus…thanks for the advice all.

br
    Free Member

Lets us know how you get on.

As someone who used LHR for nearly 20 years, once the 9/11 changes had hit I pretty much always booked a car in/out (I lived 40 miles away) – cost-wise there wasn’t much in it, but no (less) hassle.

Albanach
    Free Member

Aghh…balls the last bus on the A30 and 740/A40 are 1905 & 1930 respectively!?

Any nice cab firms in Gerrards Cross?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘London travel help?’ is closed to new replies.