Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • London transport workers being given £850 bonus…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…if they work during the Olympics !

No wonder the country is collapsing ! If you’re lucky enough to have a job working for TFL then why the F*ck are they getting a bonus to work ! the point of having a job is so you work ! on top of that Im sure will be overtime !

are the road sweepers dust collection ambulance nurses police firemen being paid a bonus to work ? All these great services as im sure lots of others will be stretched during the Olympics.

Last one shut the door !

khani
    Free Member

😆 tea? Or you fc’offee…..

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

dont get ya khani ? i get your quote though

cynic-al
    Free Member

The Country is so going to the dogs.

Thing is, according to your type, it’s been going to the dogs as long as I’ve been alive, when will it get there please?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

my type! whats that then ?

when it gets there !

Sandwich

Red bush tea and a custard cream please.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Darjeeling? Lovely.

donsimon
    Free Member

Sack them all, I bet with a couple of week’s training I could drive a train/bus/underground train, as could any other numpty.
    Oh! Hang on, the union’s got them by the balls, hasn’t it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

The type that comes out with “this country’s going to the dogs” on the back of some isolated piece of news they don’t agree with.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

oh that type ! I never said it was going to the dogs, you did ! I said it was collapsing interpret that how you will.

Anyway this thread is not really about what you or I think about where the country’s going its about the £850 bonus !

donsimon
    Free Member

Anyway this thread is not really about what you or I think about where the country’s going its about the £850 bonus !

As long as London is paying for it, WGAS?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah of course completely different.

what is the thread about then?

Oh and reported for swear filter avoidance

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That’ll be good news for my eldest son then!
    Wonder how he’ll spend it.
    Is fathers day before or after the Olympics?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

cynic-al you are far to cynical !

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

i am on my own with this one !

binners

I’ll tell you what. Every time i see something like this, I wish this guy was doing my wage negotiations

MSP

Its not really a bonus, its compensation for the restrictions and extra strain that are being put upon them during an event that will create far more traffic and chaos than the system is designed for. Its a one of payment for an unusual circumstance.

Kryton57

don simon – Member
    Sack them all, I bet with a couple of week’s training I could drive a train/bus/underground train, as could any other numpty.
    Oh! Hang on, the union’s got them by the balls, hasn’t it?

If anyone’s watching the “Tube” documentary, you may have noted this week an admission by two (I think) tube drivers that the Job is so dull they have to resort to mind games (spot the metrosexual on the platform – ok, I made that up myself), to keep alert.

On the other hand, program 1 showed engineers working Saturday 3am to Monday 4am to replace a piece track – non stop, balls out. And also the cleaners wandering around at 4am cleaning puke, piss and other nasty’s off the platforms ready for the mornings rush hour to start. Those guys deserve thier OT.

Can I be that bored for £45k a year please?

Kryton57

double post

Junkyard
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKMei-tcg4&feature=related[/video]

MSP

The opportunity is there, apply for the job, if you’re the best candidate, the jobs yours.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Today’s BH-Suck-Pool is brought to you in association with Duchy Originals Lemon Shortbread.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

pandering to lazy sods yet again !

Kryton57

MSP – Member

The opportunity is there, apply for the job, if you’re the best candidate, the jobs yours.

I’d love someone to post up a Tube Driver CV/Job description. However, a chap on this weeks program said he’d been doing the Job for 35 years. Union’s/old boys networks eh?

donsimon
    Free Member

Can I be that bored for £45k a year and be one of the wealthiest people in the country please?

😀

joao3v16
    Free Member

£850 bonus on top of a £45k wage, after tax & NI @ 40%, you’re left with what? about £500

The cost of living in/around London being what it is, this isn’t a massive amount considering what MSP posted above:

Its not really a bonus, its compensation for the restrictions and extra strain that are being put upon them during an event that will create far more traffic and chaos than the system is designed for. Its a one of payment for an unusual circumstance.

Personally, I don’t see a problem with them receiving this compensation/bonus.

(I do see a problem with their previous history of strike action etc though).

Flaperon

*Facepalm*

The point is that nearly every worker in London is being put under that sort of pressure, not just tube drivers – who are, in fact, insulated from the action in their little cabs anyway.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I think that you’ll find the payment is more to do with the fact that they are not allowed to take their annual leave during the games. Also they will have compulsory Over Time and the Union has the management by the balls.

rootes1

disgraceful…

kimbers

once again ill ask if any of the people complaining regularly ride the tube in rush hour?

eg victoria underground is so dangersously overcrowded that every morning they have to restrict access to the platform in waves so people arent crushed or pushed onto the rails
    £850 quid is undercompensating imho

considering the cost of the olympics this is a drop in the ocean, bet borris chauffer bill comes to the same amount over the games period

MSP

The point is that nearly every worker in London is being put under that sort of pressure, not just tube drivers – who are, in fact, insulated from the action in their little cabs anyway.

So its up to everybody else to negotiate a deal with their employers then, I guess this is what the city boys call the politics of envy, when its applied to their multi million pound bonuses, but its disgusting and the end for the UK when train drivers get a few scraps from the table.

allthepies
    Free Member

London council tax payers can afford it, should have gone for a nice round £1K really.

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 MSP and kimbers

wwaswas

a chap on this weeks program said he’d been doing the Job for 35 years. Union’s/old boys networks eh

So they should aim to have high staff turnover to give more people ‘a go’ at train driving?

donsimon
    Free Member

but its disgusting and the end for the UK when train drivers get a few scraps from the table.

I do believe that they are in the top 10% on the earning’s scale and by definition well off, hardly scrabbling around for scraps.

wwaswas

I do believe that they are in the top 10% on the earning’s scale and by definition well off, hardly scrabbling around for scraps.

noooooooo. It’s the child benefit thread all over again!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I see what you did there. Clever.

binners

This kind of thing is probably the reason all the Laaaanderners on here are constantly whining and hand wringing, explaining that you can’t even carve out some pitiful, subsistence-level existence on £40k+ a year.

And to then have tube drivers lording it over you? Well… it must be simply frightful!

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

…if they work during the Olympics !
    No wonder the country is collapsing ! If you’re lucky enough to have a job working for TFL then why the F*ck are they getting a bonus to work ! the point of having a job is so you work ! on top of that Im sure will be overtime !
    are the road sweepers dust collection ambulance nurses police firemen being paid a bonus to work ? All these great services as im sure lots of others will be stretched during the Olympics.
    Last one shut the door !

I’m getting a bonus in my job too, and it’s well in excess of that. More Than 4x that in fact. And today I’m actually working in East London supplying in part the Olympic construction sites.

So, what am I doing with that bonus?

I’m spending it on a new drive at our house in Farnborough. So a small business will profit from it.

How does that stack up against your mindless rant then?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’d congratulate the tube drivers on charging £850 each to ensure there are no ‘unfortunate disruptions’ to service during the olympics but then after deductions they won’t have much of it left in their pockets. I assume they are all PAYE higher rate?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘London transport workers being given £850 bonus…’ is closed to new replies.