• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • London today – ideas please :)
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

In London today with a couple of hours to spare. Any ideas / suggestions for things to do? Preferably in the Euston / Camden areas, as I won’t have time to travel anywhere else in the city. Galleries? Exhibitions? Parks? Architecture?

Cheers 🙂

senorj

A stroll around Regents Park or a quick look in the British Museum?

aP
    Free Member

Head over to KingsX and wander into the School of Art.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks guys! Also, does anyone know if Camden Market is worth wandering round? Or visiting London Zoo?

plumber
    Free Member

Wellcome collection is free and 2 minutes walk – always worth a visit even if only for the cake and coffee

just around the corner is roti king for excellent curry and thai style food – it looks a bit shit but trust me its awesome

There supposedly a tiny nature reserve at the back of Kings X that I’ve always fancied having a look at.

a bit further is somerset house – £1.50 on the bus from just outside premier inn

plumber
    Free Member

personally I wouldn’t bother with Camden market again but its probably worth a visit on a Saturday just to experience the bonkersness

London zoo is great if EXPENSIVE

jeff

Condor Cycles, and lunch in Look Mum No Hands?

plumber
    Free Member

lunch in Look Mum No Hands?

this is worth your consideration

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

British Museum is great. Camden Market not on today. regents park is nice. Zoo meh.

dont have time to travel? tubes are every 2 minutes & you can be on the opposite side of town in about 10.

tonyg2003

British library? over to St Pancras / Kings Cross for a coffee and the Welcome trust if you like medical history? Looking for somewhere for a lunch? Go to Granary Sq (at the back of Kings Cross) for a nice quiet spot away from the crowds.

globalti
    Free Member

You could go for Lebanese food at Maroush Express on Edgeware Road, about 200 yards up the east side from Marble Arch. Don’t go to the posher Maroush restaurant almost opposite on the west side of the road.

I guarantee you’ll LOVE the food.

senorj

Camden is ok for a bit of people watching, dodgy tshirts and goth clobber.Around the Lock and stables there’s a load of scented candles and overpriced “vintage”furniture. 🙂
    London zoo is expensive (imo) for a quick visit.I’ve been a couple of times with young children and they loved it.
    You can go and see the giraffes etc for free as they are visible from Regents park ring road.
    Decent Lebanese opposite Camden palace – now called KOKO…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Camden market … isn’t great… mostly tourist or emo tat for sale.

London Zoo … is much better then it used to be, in fact it’s really quite good and pretty small so you can get around it quite quickly… two hours in there would be just about perfect.

If you’ve got the time… take the the canal boat along from the zoo to camden or vice versa.

stumpy01

“London Zoo” and “couple of hours to spare” are not great companions.

You need all day there and still end up rushing round towards the end of the day!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sue_W – Member
    Also, does anyone know if Camden Market is worth wandering round? Or visiting London Zoo?

No
    and
    No.

Sorry but CM is just grim and the Zoo is too far and there will be queues of school kids waiting to get in.

British Library would be my choice.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yes LMNH is great. its a tricky journey tho. get a cab

emsz
    Free Member

Rokit vintage clothes on Camden High Street is always worth a browse x

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘London today – ideas please :)’ is closed to new replies.