Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • London to Paris – Pedal Options
  • ericemel
    Free Member

I am doing one of the London to Paris charity rides in June, planning to do it on my daily commuter (30 miles a day) which is a Specialized Singlecross (singlespeed cyclocross). Obviously I am going to get some road tyres, but I am in a quandary about pedals, I ride flats, as in DMR’s. I have not used toe clips or clipless in YEARS.

But I think I need to revise this – am I going to be ok just using toe clip and a pair of Shimano DX shoes, or do I need to get serious?

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you’re doing 30 miles a day on it, you can probably do the London to Paris no problems. It is mostly flat right? Except the South Downs, which are pretty easy hills that is.

If it’s a charity ride, you’ll probably not be in a hurry right? Unless it’s a full on constant riding challenge, I wouldn’t worry too much. If it’s split into 4 or 5 days or some such thing, then I wouldn’t worry at all.

Clipless pedals might make a slight difference, but if you’re not racing why bother.

Joe

ericemel
    Free Member

Cheers Joe, that is sorta the way I was thinking. Just needed reassurance I think!

It’s a full closed road event, really looking forward to it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘London to Paris – Pedal Options’ is closed to new replies.