Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • London to Lincolnshire – navigation & camping recommendations please
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

I'm going to be cycling to the mighty cabbage fields of Lincolnshire next month, camping there and on the way to and from.

I appreciate it's not exactly finding my way across the Antarctic but does anybody have any ideas as to the best way to navigate such a route? I've an ancient and ailing GPS, which I don't really want to rely on, so is a road atlas simply my best bet…? (The route covers too many OS maps for that option to be practical.)

More importantly: where to stay? Does anyone have any recommendations for campsites in, around or between Welwyn Garden City, Letchworth, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Spalding, Boston and Coningsby?

Any ideas are very welcome 🙂

joemarshall
    Free Member

You can get small (A5 sized) regional road atlases, which are good enough for road use. I've used them a lot.

Although most of Lincolnshire is only really a long day's ride from London, and a horrible place to ride – it is either flat and boring, or flat and windy. I'm guessing you have some reason to want to go there though.

Joe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘London to Lincolnshire – navigation & camping recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.