Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • London to Devon Bivvy
  • lukeryan
    Free Member

A friend and I are heading off to Plymouth from London and back again tomorrow. Plan is to ride as far as we can on Tuesday and bivvy when we find somewhere suitable. Then ride the rest of the way Wednesday, spend 2 days down there and cycle back Saturday/Sunday.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience in doing this? Any route suggestions, roads to avoid, places to stop, etc?

We have a route planned, but subject to change.

wombat

Try here…

London Lands End

A friend of mine and her husband put it together (other than that I’ve no link to it).

Might be handy as a starter for 10

pete68
    Free Member

Looking at the forecast for the next few days, I’d suggest somewhere very sheltered! Seriously though , the A303 is the most direct route for the first part but I wouldn’t want to go down that . Very busy,fast and always accidents.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lukeryan
    Free Member

Cheers for the link @wombat. Did have a brief look on there, but that obviously involves buying the book. We have a gps and mapped a route using as many quieter country lanes as possible. In the ‘Guestbook’ someone has said to avoid the NCN 2 which is helpful to know.

@pete, we will be avoiding the a303 altogether. I regularly drive it to see my parents and would never consider riding it, especially with the 50mph winds we are expecting (as you rightly said).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘London to Devon Bivvy’ is closed to new replies.